21.

Zuri-

Nova and Lucy were making out in front of us. They love PDA, I swear. Theo slept on his chair while working on something. Luke looked like he'd kill Nova if he found him alone.

"Stop it guys. We don't want to see you." He said and threw a pillow that hit Nova's head. He pulled away and threw it back to him.

"Huff... Jealous wolf." Nova taunted in return. Lucy laughed and went inside the kitchen. "I'll make coffee for you guys." She said.

Last night, Theo and I told them about my curse. Luke dramatically started crying after my story. But the best part is they accepted me. I couldn't help but compare myself to them. Don't get me wrong, I love myself. But whenever I see other wolves shifting, I get jealous.

How beautiful feeling it would be to embrace the real you. We are most vulnerable in our wolf form, that's the real us.

They assured me it doesn't matter.

Luke looked over Theo. He's snoring quietly. "He's crazy over you." He said out of nowhere. I let out an awkward laugh.

"I don't believe that, yet. I know he likes me, at least in some way."

"Oh bulshit." Luke flared his hand in air. "He only thinks about you all time. Wait a second, I'll show you."

He went near Theo and softly ran a hand in his brown hair. Theo smiled in his sleep. "Zuri.." he muttered. My cheeks must have turned rosy pink.

Nova suppressed a laugh. Luke did nothing to hide his loud giggle. "See. Told you."

"I'll do something too." Now Nova came to him and pushed Luke away. Lucy crossed her arms near the door, looking at her mate. He placed an arm around Theo.

"What's your favourite colour, Theo?"

"Gold."

He replied.

That simple answer made my blush deeped. Lucy awed while Nova and Luke fist bumped each other.

"Damn, he's whipped."

Luke sighed dramatically. "I'll be more romantic to my mate than all of you combined. I've learned how to treat a woman good by my little sister. Just gimme a mate, damn it."

I looked at him in question. "You have a sister?" I asked.

"Yes, Theo didn't tell you?" He asked me.

"No."

Luke took a mug of coffee from the tray that Lucy brought. "I have, Ana. She's a pack tracker. She loves to travel so requested me to make her one. She doesn't returns often."

I never thought Luke would be so caring for someone. I can see his worry for her. Is this how Chuck feels about me?
"You must miss her a lot."

"I do. But she fights a lot whenever she's back." Gulping down the coffee in a go, he kept the mug on a table nearby. Theo opened his eyes for a second then closed them again.

He's so tired. What was he doing the whole night?

Nova kissed Lucy again and ran a hand through her hair. "You make everything so tasty, baby." Luke make a puking face towards him. Nova flipped him a middle finger.

"Damn, I'm desperate." He groaned. "You guys, be happy. I've never been a fifth wheel before. I don't know what to do."

I laughed. But honestly in all of them, Luke is the best man. He's funny and cute and serious at times. He respects others. He'll treat his mate better than anyone.

Behind him, Theo rubs his eyes. He's awake, thankgod. I thought he'll sleep the whole day.

"Aww, the princess is awake." Luke says as he pats Theo's head. He glares back but says nothing. He then looks at me and smiles.

"Good afternoon, Alpha." I said and walked around.

He's following all of your movements.

I know. Let's not tease him just yet.

When I reach near him, he pulls me on his lap. He rubs his head on my neck from behind and whispers. "Good afternoon, my Luna."

Luke sighes. "You used to stop Nova from PDA and now you're doing the same." He plops on the couch. "Fuck all of you. You know what, I'm happy alone."

Theo rubs my stomach, completely ignoring him. "You hungry?"

I shook my head.

"Well then. I call you all here in the morning. You guys were late." He says to no one in particular. Lucy sits beside Luke and Nova comes to sit between them. Luke shifts to the other side. "I won't eat her."

"Who knows? You are always hungry."

"I'm hungry for apple pies not mates."

Theo grumbles something before hitting the table loudly. "Stop. It's important."

"Says the one who slept for 3 hours." Mutters Nova. "Yes, so what now?"

Theo picks out a piece of page from his stack. "You all know what's happening right now. The volcano, the witch, the curse, everything. It's dangerous for all of us. Not just wolves, but for every creature that lives here. Beasts, elf, vampires, if there are any."

I look at the paper he kept there. It was a drawing. Of a witch. Of the witch. Something different. He drew it himself. From his point of view? There was the volcano and bones and many other things. Creepy.

He goes on. "A few days ago, I saw her. The witch."

What?

Luke gasps. I look at Theo. He was serious than ever.

"Yes, I saw her. Near the volcano. From what I observed, she was performing some kind of ritual. She had sparks flying around and some golden hair as well."

I shivered. Golden hair. He said golden hair. Me. Mine. No, it can't be. I never saw her again. How are my hair with her? Impossible.

Lucy gripped Nova's hand. "That's terrifying."

"What she must be doing there?" Asks Nova.

"I'm not sure." Says Theo. "But I think she's trying to harness the Volcano's power for her own purpose."

Luke jumps from his seat. "That's crazy. You know, that's terrible. So that's why the volcano is behaving strange. It's her. What she wants again?"

Me.

I tried to say something but Theo stops me. His fingers played around my thighs in soothing circles.

"We should investigate further and find out her intentions. We can't let her cause any harm. It's dangerous." Nova says. He looks at Lucy first. His eyes were filled with a fear when he looks at her. She gave him the same look back.

"We have to know more about the war. We know she needs something again. And I can't let it turn the way it did last time." Theo says and crumbles the paper.

Luke cheered from a corner. He's scared, just won't admit it.

I'm so glad to be part of them.

"We need someone who knows about her a bit. We need her powers and weaknesses." I suggested.

Theo kissed the corner of my forehead. "Yes, sugar." I honestly cringed at the nickname but his smirk tells me he knows that already. "So, we need to talk to your dad. He is the only person who knows about it completely."

"He's in my mom's pervious pack. Ranger pack. I know where that is."

"Well then." He says. "We'll all go there tomorrow. Pack everything necessary. It's far but we'll make it in time if we leave tomorrow morning."

Nova looked hesitant but speaks up. "Is it important for her to go as well?" He gestures at Lucy. "I mean, she's feeling tired a bit. So can't just we 4 go?"

"It's okay. She can stay if she wants to." Said Theo. Both of them looked relieved.

I wonder how this is going to turn out.
I guess I'll find soon.

----