16.

Theo-

It's been so long since I have been wandering around here. Fucking great!

This place is quite near the volcano. Not so close to be affecting by it but not so far to ignore it completely. This place right here has no bounds for power.

Wolves get nothing out of lava and heat. Some other creatures might. I never really met any but if witches exist, some other would.

I once heard stories about creatures with long pointed ears and supernatural powers. I don't know how many of them are true. If they exist, I hope I get to see them once.

Most part of our world is filled with us werewolves. The old literature books have indications of dragons as well. I don't believe in them. They died a long time ago, only if they were actually alive.

Speaking of the witch, I don't know why I everytime I am close to the volcano, there's a force that pulls me. I want to go closer to it.

I don't think I am in the right state of mind because this time, I gave in my curiosity. I was so close to it right now that I could hear it. Powerful, dangerous sounds of it. It's singing to me.

Wait!

Volcanoes don't sing, do they?

Ofcourse not. There must be someone else.

I kept going closer and closer. I am literally on the foot of it. It's so tall and dark. I could see flames rising from it.

I could hear the song again. Actually, it's not a song, it's chants. Someone is chanting in some unknown language.

I peeked from behind a stone rock. And what I saw made my mouth dry.

----

Bones, dead wolves, flesh and whatnot. Flies flying everywhere in that disgusting puddle of blood. I feel nauseatic.

A woman chanting from afar. I could see her back. Old and weak. Her hair were silver and dull. A cathedral lit on dire in front of her. She was pouring the bones in it.

Her growls going deeper and deeper. She looked in pain. Is this the same witch who lives here? I hope not.

Whenever I thought of this witch, it's not what I expected. This is disgusting.

She gave the liquid a stir and the volcano roared. It shook the ground, the trees died in an instant. I couldn't believe my eyes.

She laughed. "Wherever you are girl, I'll find you soon. And take back what's mine. I couldn't wait to take away the rest of your gold."

She's a thief!

I don't feel good. You should leave.

She's powerful. But I don't understand what she wants.

It's not for you to discuss. Leave.

I listened to him. But before leaving, I didn't failed to notice a bunch of golden hair kept near her.

Golden hair.

----

My feets didn't stopped. I kept going far from the volcano to the point where it's effect was reduced. Trees near it died almost immediately.

Is she the one causing hindrance in the volcano? I am afraid she's really strong. We don't have supernatural powers or elemental techniques. We are wolves and we are powerful.

My mind suddenly went numb.

Witch! Powers!! Gold!!!

My father, possessed by a witch and died. Stories about Zuri being cursed by a witch.

She said she'll come for gold. But we don't have gold here. We are not humans who'll crave for wealth. We crave power. And we have it.

The only previous gold I know is Zuri.

My feets halted. This isn't right. Why would she be involved in this? I was blinded by her beautiful eyes. No matter if we have mated or not, I can't see pain in those eyes.

I think it's time to talk to her straight after her heat is over.

Why?

Because no one can take away my gold. 

----