8.

Zuri-

Luke was flirting with a she-wolf again. And she was blushing. Chuck should learn some skills from him. His dad jokes can make a fully awake man go back to sleep.

Luke is so childish. It's shocking he hasn't found his mate yet.

My mind is preoccupied by Theo.

Theo never came to me after that talk 2 days ago. He was still here, in my pack. I don't know if it was me avoiding him or he?

But he stated clearly he won't accept me easily. He wouldn't want a cursed mate, would he? Why would anyone want me anyway? I was lacking. Everything that a real wolf needs. I was nothing in front of them. In front of him.

But I am capable and I like proving this to others. Surely I was different but it never felt except for some days.

Especially Ari. That bitch. I hate her.

She thinks by reminding me I am different I'll feel bad or guilty. Stupid.

Let's go hunt her down. I want to take out my anger.

You know I don't kill. And why are you so angry?

Mate rejected us.

Oh! Everything but that.

He didn't rejected us. He just needs time to-I don't know for what but he's not rejecting us.

How can you be so sure? What if he rejected us after knowing about our curse. You know, he said he won't accept a weak person.

We are not weak. I always remind you that. It's okay to be like this. But weak is the last thing we are.

I know. We are training since we were in diapers. But are we strong enough?

Stronger! A lot stronger than those idiot werewolves out there who think we are weak.

They want us to surrender to them. They want us to accept we're not like them. Which we are not but that's a good thing.

If every wolf is such arrogant and narrow minded, then I am very happy like this.

But he is my main problem right now, Theo.

I won't beg him to accept us.

A sudden earthquake shook the ground beneath. It was so strong I heard the windows crack. Screams filled the place soon. I ran outside to see what's happening.

All I saw was dust around. Dark and horrifying.

What's happening?

I don't know. I guess an earthquake.

I heard someone calling my name. Chuck came to me running. His expressions frightening. "Zuri, we need to vacant."

"What do you mean?" No. Please. Don't don't want to leave this place.

"The earthquake shook our pack badly. Our borders were destroyed. The elders are saying it can happen again."

"No Chuck." I grimaced. "We can't just leave. It's our home!"

Looks like he wasn't listening. He took hold of my hand and ran. "It's no time to think about that. It's dangerous. What's a home if we can't like there safely?"

The ground shook again. I could hear the volcano roaring.

Fuck.

"Where we are going?"

"Dad has gathered everyone near the other end. We'll shift somewhere or take refuge in other pack. The alphas are helping."

Theo as well?

"Is Th-"

"Zuri it's not the time to talk. We need to go fast."

I guess I'll know soon.

Is this what the witch wants? Why would she keep me away from her?

Soon we were there and the situation was so bad. My pack members were bleeding. The warriors were hurt. That area of border was the closest to volcano so it's impacted the most.

My dad was ahead of everyone along with my mom and a few other elders.

"Dark Angle pack! As we know we are under some dangerous conditions. So, we need to vacant the place."

Murmur of disapprovals could be held everywhere. No one wants to leave this place.

My dad shushed them all. "I know no one wants to leave this place. But it isn't forever. We'll return when it's safe. I promise we'll never be away from our homes."

Dad has a way with words. My mom used to tell stories of how they met and my dad impressed her so soon.

Theo can be the same.

We'll see.

----