2: A Certain Bomb

Atsushi Pov

I haven't smelled tatami mats in a long time.

The sounds of bird tweeting woke me up, my eyes opened slowly.

"Eh? Where am I..?" I blinked "What happened last night..?" I mumbled.

"Do you remember nothing at all when you were transformed?"

"What are you talking about?"

"But your right hand is still there."

"Right hand?" I looked at my hand and saw a tiger's paw. I looked at it.

I jolted upwards in the fear of seeing the memory of the paw on my hand. I look at my hand, it's back to normal. I opened and closed it, to make sure it was real. I sighed in relief and looked at the house I was in. It was pretty empty, but it had a kitchen and a futon.

"It's been so long...since I slept under a roof." I mumbled to myself again, looking at the ceiling light. I heard a phone ring and I flinched. "Wha-What? What?" I panicked, I turned around to see a flip phone, vibrating because of the person calling. "Umm uhh-" I picked up the phone to see how it works "Okay, Okay I'll pick up the phone! I'll do it right now! Right this second! Uhh..which button am I supposed to push? This one? C'mon, hurry up. Gosh, which one is it?" I finally figured out how to answer the phone. "Uh?- Hello?"

"Gudo morning!" I heard Dazai on the other side of the phone.

"Oh, Dazai."

"Today's another fine day. How's the new dorm?"

"Great, thank you. Compared to sleeping outside, it's heavenly. By the way, where's (Y/N)?"

"Oh! (Y/N), she's sleeping in her dorm, its the one next to yours! Anyway, the change of clothes  at your pillow is a gift from everyone at the agency"

"Thank you so much for everything!"

"By the way, Atsushi, I apologize for asking out of the blue, but there's been an emergency."

"An emergency?"

"Yes, there can be no delay! Please come to the specified location immediately. It's a crisis! Only you can help!"

"O-okay, I understand."

I muted my microphone on the phone and started to get dressed, it was a white medium-sleeved polo shirt that had rolled up sleeves, some black fingerless gloves, an oversized belt, some straps that went on my shoulders like an overall, and a black tie. I turned off the mute and went to the door and put on my shoes.

"Are you ready, Atsushi?" Dazai asked.

"Yes." I said nervously.

"First, when you leave the room, make sure you close the door. Look behind you!"

"Behind me?" I looked behind me to see Dazai in an oil drum. I rushed down the stairs and I ran towards him. "Uh... What's this about?"  I asked.

"What do you think?" Dazai asked.

"Maybe I'm hallucinating this morning?"