13. Trust Me

Rieka yawned stretching out over the bed like a starfish. Joffrey watched her cautiously.

"You wanted to show me something?" Rieka questioned lifting her head. Joffrey nodded. "Its late hurry up," rieka instructed clapping her hands.

"I know you are fond of archery." Joffrey remarked.

"I am. You pay attention." She cooed.

"I got a new crossbow. For you that is. If you..." joffrey froze when rieka jumped up.

"You got me a deadly weapon?" She pranced over to him.

"Its a new design." Joffrey added. "You load it-"

"May I?" rieka took it from him before he answered and pulled back the strong loaded the bow and yanked back the lever.

"Yeah. Just like that." Joffrey agreed.

"This is for me?" Rieka questioned. He nodded. "To do with as i please?" He nodded again. She pointed it at him. He didnt flinched.  "You do trust me." She turned around finding a boars head on the wall. She lowered the bow. "Thats the one that killed your dearly dead Robert," rieka realized.

"Yes." Joffrey agreed. He took a step closer wrapping his arms around her and lifting the crossbow again. "Shoot it. Lets see how good you are." He challenged.

"Just this little trigger?" She fingered it. So much power in just a little touch.

"Just that little trigger." Joffrey confirmed.  Rieka closed one eye and looked along her arm to the bow with a release of breath she pulled.

"Damn." She honestly wasnt sure if it was joffrey or herself that uttered the word. She smiled glancing back at him.

"I like it." Rieka whispered.

"Thought you might." Joffrey agreed breathlessly at being this close to her. She let the bow rest against her thigh as her arm lowered he kept his hands on her.

Rieka only flinched away at the knock on the door and the prompt intrusion of Cersei. Joffrey practically growled at his mother.

Joffrey was 96 percent sure they were going to kiss. Okay 86 percent. Fine 60 percent. Maybe 50 percent but there was definitely a kiss possibly coming if they stayed that close any longer. He was going to kiss her. The question was if she sas going to kiss him back.

"Rieka!" Cersei declared happily while joffrey scowled at her. "Your sister is so obnoxious. Tell her to stop harassing the guards."

"If she is harassing the guards its with good reason." Rieka countered nonchalantly. As if they werent just having a moment.

"Did you have a reason for being here?" Joffrey demanded. "Mother?" He hissed out his eyes darting between her and rieka. Cersei understood.

"Forge twhat i said. Your sister is fine. A darling!" Cersei declared "i will just-"

"Its getting late." Rieka countered. "Night Joffrey."

"Night Rieka." He answered deflating.

"Night Cersei." Rieka added patting her arm as she passed.

"Do you want to ruin my life?" Joffrey demanded before the door even closed. Rieka chuckled softly from the door.

"Im sorry!" Cersei declared.

"You should be. We were getting somewhere and you came in and-"

"I didnt know she was with you." Cersei objected. "Have you kissed yet?"

"No because we keep getting interrupted." Joffrey demanded.

"You want to though. Shes a beautiful young woman." Cersei agreed.