3. Dying

What the actual hell?

"Are you ill?"

"I think im dying." Rieka agreed coughing out.

"You dont have a fever. But you are quite pale." The maester placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

"I must be dying..." rieka agreed dramatically. "Check again!"

"Out." Cersei commanded as she entered riekas chambers. "I need a moment alone with her." Rieka slumped into her pillow. "Rieka..."

"Im dying. Probably my organs shutting down. Best choose a new bride for the monster." Rieka begged.

"You are not sick. You are not dying." Cersei corrected.

"Technically we are all dying the moment we stop growing we are shrinking again I assume. Our clocks are running out we just dont know when." Rieka countered logically.

"See, you are fine." Cersei agreed, riekas lips pursed. Her Eyes narrowed and pupils dilated as she commanded cersei to hear her and listen. But not only listen, change her mind.

"I cant marry him. Im a traitor." Rieka corrected. "Remember?"

"You are not."

"Yes I am. Everyone declared it. Take Margaery and her fake smiles and condescending tone."

"You see it too!" Cersei declared.

"Shes as power hungry as yourself." Rieka agreed.

"And you are not." Cersei added honestly.

"Im not controllable either." Rieka sassed shooting up in bed. "You should know that by now!"

"You will do your duty because it will protect your sister and yourself. It will stop this war and-"

"Lies. Joffrey doesnt listen to anyone."

"He listens to me on occasion."

"We will kill each other." Rieka corrected.

"You will be queen. A queen the realms can unite around." Cersei corrected grabbing her hands.

"Cersei-" she groaned.

"Marry him and end this war. I get jaime back and you get robb back. Do you not want to keep your twin safe?"

"Thats a low fucking blow." Rieka demanded standing up.

"I know. To survive in this world you have to get used to playing dirty." Cersei agreed.

"I hate you."

"Lies. Now," cersei gestured a displeased hand up and down riekas attire. "Get changed. Your death spiel to the maester might have tricked him but not me. Im a mother Rieka, I know a faker when I see one."

"Lady Rieka." Joffrey muttered looking her over more closely.

"Stop oggling me." Rieka demanded. Joffrey rose a brow looking to his mother. "How would you feel to be constantly objectified by men?"

"Despicable." Joffrey countered leaning back.

"Exactly how I feel." Rieka agreed pulling joffreys plate before her.

"What are you doing?" Joffrey questioned reaching for it.

"I know you were eating this." Rieka countered. "I know it's probably not posioned. I dont trust this plate... on second thought." She pushed his plate back.

"I didnt posion you." Joffrey corrected. He actually seemed offended.

"You have honor? Morals? Dignity?" Rieka sassed taking a loud bite.

"Yes." He answered pompously. Rieka leaned in fixing the collar of his shirt. He tensed when she gripped the fabric.

"Where were those morals when you killed my father?" Rieka countered.

"I will leave you to it." Cersei decided heading off.

"Leaving us alone together?" Rieka tsked grabbing cerseis arm. "You trust me alone with him?"

"I trust you." Cersei agreed before her gaze shifted to riekas hand on her arm. Rieka let her go. "Get to know your future husband."

"I might just gag again." Rieka countered. Glancing back at joffrey. He glared back at her.

"Sit. My mother said you are a good match."

"End this war with my brother." Rieka countered.

"He started it."

"You started it when my father told the council the truth about you, you little bastard." Rieka spat back. Joffrey rose up slapping his hands down on the table. Cersei glared back at joffrey from the archway.

"Fuck you". He seethed pushing past her. Rieka smirked sparing him a glance over her shoulder.

"If only you asked me nicely."