13) Aki is exposed!

The man walked towards Arjun and held out his hand.

Man- "Mohit. Mohit Mehrotra."

Arjun shook hands with him and came directly to the topic.

Arjun- "Kya kaam hai aapko, Mr. Mehrotra?"

Mohit sat down on the chair and looked around. Arjun cleared his throat but he was too busy gawking around. 

Arjun- "I failed to see why you are wasting my time like this!" He was definitely not a patient man. He expected answer when he asked questions!

Mohit, unaffected by the insult, said- "Well if I am not wrong, yaha pe woh 15-16 saal ka ladka rehta hai,right? Mujhe milna hai usse." He practically ordered Arjun.

Arjun raised his eyebrow and asked- "Kya kaam hai aapko usse?"

Mohit- "Woh..woh Mai uske saamne hi bataunga. Bulaiye use."

Arjun glared at the man- "Dekhiye Mr. Mehrotra. Aap mere ghar me, mere study me baithakar, mere bhai ke baare me baat kar rahe hai. So it would be better if you change your tone. Samjhe..ya Samjhau."

Mohit gulped. The man looked deadly with those eyes.

Arjun continued- "Aap Akash ko kaise jaante hai?"

Mohit- "Main usse...uski awaaz se pehchanta hu.  Kya awaaz hai uss bacche ki! Guitar bajana ho ya sur lagana. He is just outstanding!"

Arjun couldn't help but feel proud of his brother. Akash did have a natural talent when it came to singing. He has the voice of an angel. But he reminded himself that this was some stranger praising his brother. A stranger who he wasn't aware of and absolutely did not approve of.

Arjun- "Toh aap uski awaaz ko kaise pehchante hai?"

Mohit- "Kal raat ho suni Maine. Loner's point pe. He was..."

Arjun cut him off harshly- "KAHA suni?"

Mohit frowned. He wondered if he was not aware of his brother's late night venture. ,"Loner's Point pe...Around 1 baje."

Arjun got up from his seat. That could not be the case. He was sure that the man was mistaken. His brother won't dare to step out of the house at such an hour. Let alone, set his foot at such an...indecent place.

Arjun- "I think you are mistaken, Mr. Mehrotra. That's not possible. You can leave."

Even though he sounded confident yet he couldn't help the small spark of doubt that ignited within him. He had not checked on Akash last night. Even in the morning, his eyes looked sleep-deprived, not to mention his hesitation over the question of last day.

Mohit- "Mujhe galatfahmi nahi Hui hai,Mr. Rawte. Rukiye aap, yeh dekhiye..."

 He showed him a video of Akash singing in the middle of a crowd full of different sort of addicts. The brother in him stood unaffected by his melodious voice. The only scene he noticed was that of people smoking and vaping around him. Some of them had alcohol bottles in their hands. His gaze fell on another boy Aki's age. He immediately identified him as Arush. Was he by any chance collection money?

Arjun's anger knew no bounds as the video replayed in his mind. Before any logic or explanation could kick in, he shouted.

"AKASH RAWTE! GET DOWN THIS INSTANT."

Mohit stood their startled by the sudden raise in his voice. He tried to say something but before the first syllable entirely left his mouth, Arjun showed him his palm.

Arjun in a controlled voice- "You can leave, Mr. Mehrotra. I am not interested in any further talks."

By then Akash came running down with a concerned look on his face. His gaze fell over the man standing there and his face twisted in anger. It didn't take him long to figure out the reason behind his Dada's anger.