6) A Strange Ashi

Aki with a serious look on his face- "Toh aap dono keh rahe hai ki isne Aaj Bina tantrums ke apna luck Kiya aur koi shaitani nahi ki?"

Neetu/Ramu- "Ji."

Aki- "Aur yeh khud se padhai karne baith gayi?"

Neetu/Ramu- "Ji."

Aki- "Aur iski tabiyat bhi theek hai?"

Neetu/Ramu- "Ji."

Aki- "Impossible!"

Ashi who was just coming in from the main door caught Aki's attention. He sighed in relief. Mischief no. 1. Check!

Aki- "Kaha se aa rahi hai tu?"

Ashi putting on a dull look on her face- "Bahar garden me hi thi dadu. I saw you coming. Aapne hi dhyaan nahi diya."

Aki looked at Neetu and Ramu who nodded in confirmation.

Aki- "Oh. Waise garden me kya kar Rahi thi? Are you up to something?" He couldn't digest the fact that she was innocent!

Ashi slowly shook her head. "No.Mai toh bas break le Rahi thi. 15 minutes ka."

Aki raised his eyebrow- "Accha? Aisa kya kar Rahi thi Jo break le Rahi thi?"

Ashi- "Holiday homework complete kar Rahi thi. English aur Science ka complete ho gaya and maths ke liye kuch formulas pe questions frame karne hai. Wohi karne Jaa Rahi." And here! She won't with that statement. That would surely unsettle her dadu!

Aki looked at her with an unbelievable look on his face. He had to pinch himself to ensure that he wasn't dreaming. Ashi silently trotted towards her room.

She was in the midst of learning a formula when she felt something hard being pressed against the back of her head. Finally her drama was having an impact!

"Surrender or bear my wrath, imposter." Aki said in a deep voice.

Ashi turned her head and gave a bored look to Aki. Aki flipped the toy gun in his hand and tucked it in the waistband of his trousers just like his dada. The imitation brought out a small smile but she forced the smile to dim while pretending to think about something.

Aki bent down to her level and lifted her chin- "Kya hua, Ashi? Itni sad kyun hai?"

Ashi smiled for his sake - "Nahi toh dadu. Aap faltu me pareshaan mat ho. I am fine, just a bit tired."

Aki frowned- "You are acting different Ashi."

Ashi shrugged- "Lemme learn this formula. Aap jao."

Aki- "Kab se padh rahi hai! Chal koi movie dekhte hai. "

Ashi- "Aap dekho. Mera Mann nahi hai."

Aki dramatically - "Uff! Bollywood Teri yeh gustakhi kabhi maaf nahi karega. Tujhe saza milegi. Ab meri pasand ki movie dekhni padegi!"

Ashi shook her head - "Aap dekho aapki pasand ki movie. Let me study. Go."

Aki sighed and got up. "Chal dikha kitne formulas yaad hue hai. I'll ask you."

Ashi nodded and handed him the notebook. She thanked her lucky stars for actually studying rather than daydreaming about the success of her plan. Aki asked her all the formulas in the most random fashion he could and much to his surprise, she answered all of them correctly except a slight mistake in two formulas. He made her dictate both the formulas 5 times hoping that he could get a reaction in the form of protest out of her but to no avail.

At last, Aki gently- "Ab bata kya hua hai, Ashi? Kisi ne kuch bola tujhe? Dada ne daanta kya?Ya phir kisi friend se jhagda Kiya?"

Ashi just shook her head- "Kuch nahi hua, dadu. Aap tension kyu lete ho meri?"