7) Ashi's Demand

Ashi was continuously gazing to and fro from Arjun. Her dada was a tough nut to crack. He wasn't even paying attention to her good girl attitude! But rather he was taking advantage of it. Who asks a little girl who had spent the better part of her day butting heads with formulas and equations (which she won't ever need in her life) to solve the questions of the side book?

Once she was sure that he wasn't looking at her, she poked out her to tongue at him. It was days like these when she felt that her dada was a certified Hitler.

Arjun not looking up from his file- "Kitne questions hue, Ashi?"

The question brought her back to reality and she looked down at her notebook, realising that she hadn't even read the first question! Getting no response from her, Arjun looked up from his file and gave her a questioning look.

Ashi got nervous and cleared her throat- "C-Confusion hai first question me..."

Arjun raised his eyebrow- "First question me? It's the most basic question of this chapter!"

Ashi looked down and shrugged. "Sorry...."

Arjun crossly- "Second question karke dikha."

Ashi seized the opportunity and immediately started jotting down the solution. It was an easy question. That would surely make her dada happy and he would atleast listen to her demand!

She showed him the solution in less than a minute. Arjun looked at it and then back at her. "5×9?"

Ashi frowned- "45...oh!" She internally kicked herself when she realised that in the last step she had calculated it as 35! "Sorry." she said and corrected the solution.

The very next moment, Arjun held her ear in a tight grip and twisted it.

"Oww dada. Kya kar rahe ho aap? Lag rahi hai!"

"Lagne de!"

"Ouch...galti se likha tha na dada!"

"Accha? Aur first question galti se read karna bhul gayi thi? If not the numerical values then both the questions are exactly the same!"

Ashi mentally cursed herself for the obvious loophole in her plan. She cried as Arjun increased the pressure on her ear. Arjun left her ear as he saw her struggling. He stood her in front of him and gave her a forbidding look.

Before he could say something, Aki barged in the room after listening to Ashi's over-exaggerated cries. Aki walked over to the duo and pulled Ashi closer to himself, making Arjun frown at his protective stance."

Arjun glared at him- "Aki!"

Aki glared back- "Kya kar rahe ho aap,Dada? Kyun maar rahe ho isse?"

Arjun sternly- "Get out Akash! I am dealing with her."

Aki- "Mai kabhi aapke aur uske beech nahi aata, dada but not today. Subah se woh bohot upset lag rahi hai. Aaj yeh hitlergiri mat dikhao aap!"

Arjun sighed in defeat. He knew he didn't stand a chance against Aki when he was in this stubborn mood. So he turned his attention to the easier target. He glared at Ashi and asked her to come towards him. 

Ashi gulped. Leaving her dadu would mean leaving her safety heaven but she can't stay hidden. Going to her dada might mean a bit of pain but that pain would be worth the gain. She put the most obedient look she could muster on her face and walked to him.

Aki let her go but stood there to make sure that his dada didn't get overly harsh with her. He knew the very idea was ridiculous but his concern towards his little sister clearly outweighed logic. He glared at his dada as if daring him to even touch her hard.