8) Arjun's Anger

Check out the Character Sketch of ETF if you haven't already!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next morning, Ashi got up a bit earlier than usual and sat on her bed. She had cried herself to sleep last night. She had felt guilty for hurting her dada and dadu. Now that she thought of it, she wondered if she came out as some selfish, ungrateful brat. She hugged her body as the thoughts swirled madly in her mind.

She looked at the clock. It was just shy of 8. Her dada would leave for his bureau in another 30 minutes which meant that she had a chance to make it up to him. She really needed to pacify him before this drama stretches any longer. She quickly went to the washroom to freshen up. 

She winced as she looked at her face in the mirror. She looked horrible. There were dried tears on her cheeks and her eyes still looked red and puffy. She washed her face and looked at it again. This time, she observed faint finger marks on her face. Her eyes filled up. The slap had just registered itself in her mind. She gently traced her fingers over the mark. It didn't hurt but she looked pathetic! Her dadu would definitely pay for this.

She got down the stairs only to find the table empty. She frowned at the unusual sight. Neetu came out of the kitchen and asked her to sit. Ashi took a seat and quietly asked,

"Dada kaha hai?"

Neetu- "Woh toh subah jaldi hi nikal gaye. Naashta bhi nahi kiye."

Ashi shocked- "Kya? Aur aapne unhe jaane Diya? Pata nahi apni BP ki dawai bhi Li hogi ya nahi! Aapko unhe rokna chahiye tha na!"

Neetu shook her head- "Maine sahab ko bola ki naashta karke jaaye par unhone mana kar diya."

Ashi frowned and was about to get up.

Neetu- "Aree baby, aap toh naashta kar lijiye."

Ashi- "Mann nahi hai." With that she turned to leave but found Aki glaring at her. As the slap rewinded in her mind, she turned and sat down quickly.

Aki- "Aap jaiye mausi. I'll take over."

Neetu nodded and went to the kitchen. Now that Aki was here, she didn't need to worry.

Aki served the poha in her plate and filled a glass with milk. He kept it next to her plate and looked at her expectantly.

Ashi looked away. She won't eat a bite until he grovels her! The last night was a bit too fresh in her mind.

Aki- "Eat."

Ashi shook her head. She wondered if she should cover her cheek....

Aki- "Phirse maar khana hai tujhe?'

Ashi looked at him angrily. Did he have absolutely no regrets about slapping her? That brought hot, angry tears to her eyes and she hated herself for that! She could just not look mad! Tears always made their way into her eyes whenever she tried to look angry.

Aki sighed. He knew he was rubbing on her the wrong way. He had felt absolutely guilty after slapping her like that. The guilt intensified when he walked into her room last night and saw the tear trails on her cheeks. And now he had just reminded her of that! He made her cry yet again.

Aki tired- "Stop crying, Ashi. Breakfast kar na please."

Ashi crying- "Nahi khana mujhe! Aap...aap bohot bure ho! Aapne Ashi ko maara aur ab sorry bolne ki jagah aur daat rahe ho. I hate you!"

Aki took her in his embrace. The fact that she was talking in third person clearly showed how upset she was. The pang of guilt just kept on multiplying.