10) Love And ETF

Ayesha had a day off today and Liza and Shree were busy in some technical works. Chotu was being tortured by Sameer into completing his pending file work and Arjun, as usual , had immersed himself in documents and files that weren't due anytime soon.Meanwhile, Sakshi and Riya were having yet another session of C&C. 

Sakshi- "Tumne dekha Riya, Arjun ne tumhe itna daanta par phir bhi tumhe hi kaha team lead karne ko."

Riya smiled- "Ha Sakshi. Main na Arjun Sir ko samajh hi nahi pati!"

Sakshi laughed- "Par Mai bohot acche se samajh pati hu. Woh uska tarika tha, tumse sorry bolne ka!"

Riya shocked- "What?"

Sakshi dreamily- "Why are you getting shocked? You know his ways are quite subtle. Once you learn how to read his ways, you are going to fall in love with him!"

Riya had a faint smile on her lips- "Love?"

Sakshi blushed. "Yes."

Unknown to them, they were harbouring the same feelings for the very same person. Their mutual interest in Arjun had once formed the foundation of their friendship and that very same interest could also become the bane of their companionship.

After a while,

Sakshi- "Accha ye batao ki tumhara case kaisa chal Raha hai?"

Riya- "Mujhe lagta hai ki we are very near to solving it. I really want to solve it and prove myself to Arjun...and others."

Sakshi smiled- "I am sure you will."

They flinched when suddenly a loud 'Samjhe..ya Samjhau' echoed throughout the office. They looked at each other and laughed. They were so habituated to it now!

Riya shook her head while laughing- "I really pity his siblings. Kaise jhelte honge inhe?"

Sakshi- "Arey they are very thick-skinned."

Riya- "Tumhe bohot pata hai?"

Sakshi- "Aur nahi toh kya? Pata hai ek baar na---

Flashback

Arjun and Sameer were out for a meeting with DIG leaving Aki and Ashi free in the ETF office. Aki was trying his best to keep Ashi in the cabin. He knew for a fact that if their Dada got to know about Ashi's stroll in the office then he won't be happy over it!

Ashi- "Dadu aap batao kya crime Kiya hai humne?"

Aki bored- "Matlab?"

Ashi- "I mean aise kaid karke toh criminals ko hi rakha jaata hai na? And by God, iss cabin me na criminals wali feeling aa rahi hai. Please bahar chalte hai."

Aki for the 100th time that day- "Dada ne bola hai---"

Ashi- "Ki cabin se akele bahar mat nikalna. Pata hai mujhe. Par hum akele bahar kaha niklenge? Ek dusre ke saath niklenge na?" That sounded like a reasonable arguement!

Aki- "Okay Mai samajh gaya! Tujhe dada se maar khane ka mann kar raha hai na? Jab dada aaye GE toh mai unse bolunga ki Teri yeh wish puri kar de. You don't need to put any extra efforts!"

Ashi gave him a bored look- "Ho gaya? Abhi chalooooo!"

Aki held his head irritated. He was startled when he heard someone laughing their hearts out. He looked at the door only to find Sakshi standing there holding her stomach and laughing out loud. He looked at Ashi who,alike him, wore a confused look on her face.

Sakshi looked at their confused faces and calmed down- "Sorry! So sorry! Yeh choti packet itni funny hai ki mujhse control  hi nahi hua."

Ashi smiled proudly- "Dekho dadu! Inhe...kya naam hai aapka?" she asked in between. She replied, "Sakshi." Ashi nodded and continued, "Ha! Sakshi ko bhi lagta hai ki mai funny hu! Bas aapko hi mere jokes lame lagte hai!" She said the last part with a pout.