Chapter 8 • It's the cat, not me!

((Another short chapter cuz I said so. I promise longer ones soon xx))

~~~

The three stood at the entrance, glaring up at the dull building. It was bland in colour and surrounded itself with a dim atmosphere. The first thought that came to UN was this will be where his creativity goes to die. He was terrified that he'd be forced into becoming a thoughtless drone, only complying with whatever anyone says. It's be hell if his freedoms were stripped from him, so he'd do anything to make sure that never happens.

Brandished in human forms (because god forbid UN was seen entering a place like this), the three entered and WHO ushered his friend to settle in. UN was hesitant to walk in any further.
"You'll be fine," WHO assured him. "It's for your own good."
"I know, I know!" UN muttered.
He darted his eyes around the room, not wanting to move any further. It was built like a prision (not like UN has ever been to one before, but he assumes that this is what one would look like); it was awfully stuffy: overcrowing everywhere, and eyes from the staff and patients already wandering about stared creepily with intrigue.
"I don't have to, do I?" UN muttered.
"You don't have a choice." WHO spoke up coldly on accident, tired from the constant back and forth.

There was an eerie silence as UN couldn't think of a response. He kept still in his only way of defiance. While he had definitely been stubborn before, he was nothing like this before. It was a test of patience for both the organisations. Antarctica stepped between the two, grasping UN's hand lightly. With a pleasant smile and kindly voice, he spoke:
"Its going to be fine! I'll visit you as much as possible – and try and bring Snowball!"
UN's eyes widened. He had a new reason to be hesitant – to want to stay in his home. He needed to say something, and fast.
"I don't think pets are allowed in here," WHO uttered.
"About that!" UN interrupted, quieting down as he stated at both of them. "Well– can I speak to Antarctica? Alone."
WHO wasn't so cruel he'd remove all of UN's privacy, so he complied. Antarctica watched curiously as WHO walked away and UN had a keen eye upon him.

It was off-putting, as if a corpse or ghost was glaring down at him. It didn't help that UN hadn't said anything yet.
"Uhm... What did you want to talk about?"
"Oh! Right! Listen..." UN looked around himself before bending down to Antarctica's height. "About my cat... she's not violent a cat at all, so don't get the wrong idea! But, she, like all cats, likes to bring home other animals..."
"Like mice...? I don't mind cleaning up some mice—"
"She likes to hide them in various places... and its more than mice. Rats, birds... other cats... if you see anything of the sorts in my house, please clean it up! I can never keep up with her little shenanigans," UN giggled, his voice quaking.
Antarctica took a step back, his mind dizzy at the thought that such an innocently described cat causing such  an act!
"O–oh... Alright... I'll bear that in mind," he smiled weakly.

Not long after, WHO walked back up to them. He spoke to Antarctica first,
"Are you ready to leave?"
"I suppose so?– you'll be fine, right UN?" He asked.
A calm had filled UN's mind. He knew his cat was in good hands and his deeds were covered by a plausible lie. With a sudden grin, he nodded,
"I'll be fine, thank you."
With a few farewells, the two sane ones departed. UN was soon escorted away by nurses and other staff.

This was the beginning of a treatment he didn't need. And he was sure he'd hate all of it.