Chapter 1 • The beginning of it all

((this is gonna be really similar to the ONESHOT in my random ahh headcannon book, but there are differences (and it's longer)))

---

UN hasn't been around as long as the others have. But, he has been around long enough to see the horrors of this world unfold before him. For hours, he'd procrastinate in his office, questioning the point of it all. If his whole life would be to just create peace only for it to be broken again, then what was the point of it? After sitting alone for hours, days, weeks, he's slowly lost faith in it all. And it was becoming very apparent. He knew that very well. In the mirror, staring at his own reflection, he watched as, with each passing day, his once vibrant colours of blue and white began to dull and his halo didn't spark like it once did.

The silence of his office was the only peace he seemed to get these days. He sat there, not doing much, if anything. And then... Knocking. Someone knocked at his door. He layed his head in his hand, gritting his teeth and audibly sighing at this disturbance.
"Come in," he said without much enthusiasm.
To his lack of surprise, a star-spangled country entered. America. Someone who he used to adore when he was younger, but hasn't seen him in a positive light in recent times. In his mind, America had become more and more similar to his own father (as much as the freedom boy would arguably disagree). He'd become rude, demanding, and stuck up in business which isn't his. It filled UN with disgust.

"Hey, UN! Glad you said you could make time for me!" America bursts into the room without further warning.
He stood in front of UN, his eyes shining through his glasses and his fifty stars lighting up his already joyful expression.
"Of course, anytime... What did you need to speak about?" UN had already leaned back, folding his arms together at the annoying shriek of the other's voice.
"So," America was close to sitting on the desk (despite there literally being a chair beside him) and shoved his phone in UN's face, "y'know I have this awesome dog, right?"
The digital light caused UN to flinch back as his eyes adjusted to the sudden screen light. He was being shown an image of an Australian shepherd, an American dog breed, dressed in a blue collar and sat down with his head up to the camera and it's tongue out in joy. America continued to speak without further response,
"So basically, I'm kinda going on a trip with my brother and I need someone to look after Bagel," he explained.

UN watched as America stared at him with widened, sulky, pleading eyes. He knew that he was about to be begged to do something.
"Can your states not take care of your dog?" UN asked.
America let out a long winded eh sound, shaking his hand,
"Not really... I think they're a bit much for her, and you're a calm person; she'd love you! I know Bagel would love you!"
UN sat quiet for a moment, hearing the quiet pleas from the star-spangled country. Of course, there was one thing he didn't know that might of had him reconsider. Snowball. A stereotypical, cynical little kitty with the perfect, silky white fur named Snowball. A cat which was owned by none other than UN. But not a single person knew he owned a cat.

"UN, please! I will repay you with anything! Just please! Please, please, please! Just this once, please?" America continued to beg.
UN recalled the countless animals Snowball had retrieved from him. Mice, small birds, bigger birds... Weaker cats. Weaker dogs, too. He knew that if Bagel tried anything, then his cat would be fine. Knowing this, he sighed in compliance. It's not like America would've taken no for an answer anyways.
"Alright... I wouldn't mind other company in my house, I suppose."
"Thank you! Thank you!" America jumped up in joy.

~~~

Just a day later, UN had temporary ownership of a young, roudy Australian shepherd. UN watched as America gave his goodbyes to her: petting her and letting the animal lick him in the face. It made UN want to gag at the sight.
"You're gonna be a good girl, aren't you Bagel? Yes you are! Yes you are!" He smiled as he rubbed his hands in her fur coat.
Bagel sat, wagging her tail and head in excitement. Her collar chimed out every time she shook her head. And then, when America stood up, she did so too. Like pet, like owner. She had also tried to jump up to both her owner and UN. Her paws, which were already covered in dirt, left a mark on UN's perfectly bleached shirt. All he did was smile calmly on the outside.

All he needed to do was put up with this for three days.

How hard could it be?