Blind Play

[Kaveh has never known what the real world looks like since he was born. But he doesn't need to worry since his boyfriend is there to describe the world for him]

Tak! Tak! Tak!

"Careful now." At the sound of his lover's voice, Kaveh stopped in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" The blonde frowned as he faced the direction of the voice, the walking stick in his hand pointing towards the road ahead him, or so he thought.

"Stairs love. Downwards too."

"Oh- Hey!!" Before he could continue his careful strides, Kaveh felt arms sliding behind his knees and upper back and he was lifted from the ground, as carefully as he can.

"Hey! Haiyi! I can do it on my own!" The blonde struggled from the grasp but settled down quickly when he was placed back down on the ground. He whipped his head back and forth as if he can see anything aside from darkness in that glowing red hues. "Nobody saw that right?!"

The blonde can hear his lover chuckle. "Of course not Kaveh. We're near the house you know, not to mention it's already late in the afternoon." Kaveh's lover, Alhaitham gently grabbed the blonde's hand and placed a key in his hand.

"Can I leave opening the door to you?" The blonde eagerly nodded his head before enthusiastically tapping his stick as he inched forward their home.

Alhaitham glanced at the people around looking at their direction, gesturing for them to keep quiet.

"Haiyi! I opened the door!" The enthusiastic voice of Kaveh winning against the door was heard causing the people inside the halls to freeze as Alhaitham strides towards his lover, giving him a peck on his hair before the two disappearing inside the "house" but not before Alhaitham glancing at them for the last time.

-

"So, how was work today? I heard that a new person is appointed as Grand Sage today. What happened?"

Kaveh sat on the couch, his hand gently fiddles around the table in front of him, reaching out for a slice of apple. Just as his hand held the fruit knife near the fruit basket, a hand gently grabbed the knife and apple out of his hands. He let out a grunt insisting that he can do it by himself but it seems Alhaitham is keen on slicing the apple himself.

"Unfortunately, Azar has been caught doing a lot of dirty stuff with Sumeru's funds. Not to mention, some illegal experiments so he now is guilty of many crimes."

Silence followed after that short explanation and now, Kaveh halts in his spot.

"...Where does that lead you?"

"The what?"

"Haiyi, you're one of his secretary!"

"Oh, about that." Alhaitham started as he gently fed the sliced apple to his lover. "I am currently taking over his spot as the new grand sage."

"Shin wein?" Asked Kaveh, muffling his words as he continuously chews the apple fed for him.

"Since last week. We just made the announcement today for a boost."

Kaveh looked surprised. "And you didn't tell me since last week!"

Noticing the change in his lover's mood Alhaitham was quick to coax him. Wrapping his arms around his lover as he nuzzle his face on the blonde's neck.

"Love, I'm sorry. It was so busy that I didn't have the time to tell you." He started ruffling that padisarah scented hair as gently as he could. "We were still on the clean-up of what Azar did so telling you slip past my mind."