Lunchbox

Alhaitham was reminded yet again why he can't live without Kaveh.

——

Acting Grand Sage Alhaitham has always been indifferent. The man has always had this unapproachable disposition even when he was still a scribe. When the man became the acting Grand Sage however, his cold demeanor increased maybe due to the authority he held.

Being the new Grand Sage, Alhaitham was now cramped with loads of work from cleaning up Azar's stupidity and to fixing it.

It didn't pose as a surprise to the staff and students of the Akademiya when the former Grand Scribe would sigh at their paper with a menacing glare since the man is already exhausted from the non stop amount of work for a week now.

The man's office has this dark air that suffocates you even by just passing by it. This has been going on for days and everyone is on edge.

However, today is the day it'll change.

Today, the traveller and Paimon walked in to the building with a teal handbag in Traveller's hand. The two stopped in front of the dead aired office amd greeted the Grand Sage's assistant.

"Hello!" Aether greeted the man. "We came with a delivery for Alhaitham."

The cheerful man gestured to the bag with a bright smile.

The people walking in the halls halts in place, curious to know what's going on.

"Uhm... unfortunately, the Grand Sage is still busy as of the moment." The assistant started preventing the two from moving forward.

"But this is very important." Aether insisted.

"Why don't you leave it here and I'll give it to him when he's not busy anymore." Suggested the secretary but the two only shook their head.

"But his wife said to give it to Alhaitham directly."

At the sound of the word 'wife' came out of Paimon's mouth, the door to the office flunged opened and the Grand Sage walked out eyes at the Traveller and his companion.

"Oh there you are!" The blonde adventurer beamed as he stretch out his arms, his hands clutching a teal handbag.

"Your Wife told us to deliver this since he's gonna be late for work and couldn't deliver the item himself. He told us to tell you that he hopes you'll take a break and have a nice meal."

The dark air instantly dissapates and although there was no change in the former scribes aloof face the air around him mellowed out and almost everyone can see the flowers float away from the Grand Sage's head.

"Thank you." He received the bag and as gently as he could, took a peek of its content. "Do you have somewhere else to go afterwards?"

Aether eagerly nods his head. "Yep! I have to go now! I just came to deliver your lunch!"

The blonde Traveller left the building and the Grand Sage looked fondly at the bag before closing the door to his office and finally the students and staff who heard the commotion took this as an opportunity to turn their heads to look at the office door with wide eyes and mouth agape.

THE GRAND SAGE IS MARRIED?! SINCE WHEN?!

Forget the when part! Someone actually married their stone-like Sage?! What kind of Saint is that person?!

As the students and staff process the events that just happened, inside the office Alhaitham placed the bag gently at the table and shoved his hand in furrowing his brows as his hand pulled out a folded piece of paper.