To My Eternity

[Both Kaveh and Alhaitham forgot something. Kaveh was first to remember. GOOD.]

Alhaitham stopped in midway of flipping his the page of the book he's reading in his hand. He paused, as he glance at his wife whose sketching his 47th revision of his draft today.

Bags under his beautiful carmine hues and his shining usually well-put hair is put in a messy hurried bun.

"Veh?" He gently called out ensuring that he wasn't to startle the blonde and create any form of mistake on the blonde's work.

That will shorten his fun time with Kaveh more.

"Hm?" The blonde replied after a short while, as if he just got out of his trance. Or in Kaveh's case, his concentration. "Yes love?"

His hands didn't stop moving as well as his gaze not leaving the blueprint on the table, but Alhaitham know full well that he has Kaveh's attention now.

"I seem to have something slipped my mind." At his statement, his husband removed his gaze on his work and turn to look at the silver haired man. "I thought that maybe you'd know."

Kaveh looked at his husband for a bit, his hand dropping the quill in his left as he raised it to caress his husband's face. A habit he formed when he's trying to remember something.

Unfortunately this time, nothing comes to mind. So with a quick peck on the man's lips he uttered an apology.

"I'm sorry Haiyi. But I also seem to not remember. However, I'll try to indulge you with whatever you want to make up for that okay?"

This time, it was the silver haired man's que to move. His body dropping inching towards his husband as he wrapped his arms around the male's waist gently pulling him closer till the blonde remained in his lap. "You don't have to though. It could be something irrelevant."

"Well, I'll still indulge you though. Who knows, maybe it was very important."

Once again, Kaveh gave his husband a chaste kiss on the lips before his concentration is now back again at work.

It was so important.

Kaveh who now finally had finished the blueprints and was able to get himself a heartful of rest and love from his husband can now think clearly and realized. He lied down on the bed wide awake as he stared once again at his younger husband's face, his hands gently cupping the handsome man's cheeks.

The thing Alhaitham asked of him earlier was so important.

How could he goddamn forget?

Today is Alhaitham's birthday.

'Scratch that! It's 2 in the morning already, so it was goddamn yesterday.' Kaveh wanted to scream.

How could he forget his own husband's birthday? How terrible of an asshole was he?

Kaveh eyes return to his husband's sleeping face. 'I will definitely make it up.'

"I'm sorry." He mumbled as he wrapped his arms around Alhaitham's shoulders earning a grunt from the younger male. Instinctively, the younger man's arms then wrapped around Kaveh's waist and snuggled closer to the blonde's frame.

"I'll really make it up to you later."

-

Alhaitham woke up to the feeling of emptiness in his arms. He remembered that sleeping with his wife snoozing on his arms and now that arms feels light. He groaned, stretching his arms to reach the man thinking his husband probably just shifted in his sleep.

Cold. His hands met with the cold and cleaned sheets and no sign of any figure or curves or warmth that his husband has.

He opened his eyes. Squinting a bit as the light from the window that Kaveh probably raised the blinds of entered his vision. He took a quick glance beside him and let out a groan upon seeing it empty.