The Story of Ella's Life, the Special Little Room, and a Demon Unlike any other

A vertical crack shimmering with white light appeared in Geoff's living room. Ella's hands emerged through the jagged slit, rippling the air around it. She emerged, then Geoff and Pan followed.

Geoff reached inside his refrigerator and took out a tall thermos and guzzled it. He put it back in the refrigerator and turned around into Ella, who was glaring at him.

"My bad," Geoff walked away.

"You look cute when your skin wrinkles up between your eyes." Pan said.

Ella folded her arms, "everything's always a joke with you. Fucking sick of it."

"What's gotten into you?"

Ella charged at Pan. Only an inch from his face she said, "I think I could kill you. If you make one more fucking joke, I will. I haven't had a demon yet. I wonder what you taste like."

"Bad, unfortunately. Oh, that's not a joke. Not unless you like the taste of sulfur. I do what I can to mask the smell—nothing I can do for the ol tastebuds. Aaaaaanyway," Pan brushed past Ella, "it's time, Geoff."

"I'm so excited! I'm gonna change into something I don't mind getting dirty."

"Time for what?" Ella said.

"I got the location of The Order's front door. We're gonna go knock it down and say hello. What's that look for?"

"All I am to you is a tool."

"Fuck me, are you still on that?"

"It's basically the story of my fucking life!"

"I used you! Big deal! You helped me get what I want and now you use me to help you get what you want!"

"It's not the same thing!"

"I use you! You use me! How's it not the same?"

"I was a child! First my father and then you! I've been used my entire fucking life!"

"Do I need to remind you where that angel was gonna take you if I hadn't gotten involved?"

"That's the only reason why I haven't killed you. But if you want me to help you with anything else, there's a price."

"Are you being serious?"

"You expect me to help you destroy The Order? Then I need something from you, right here, right now. Let me into your special little room so I can see my father. You've always had an excuse. The last one was because I was dead. Well, I'm alive again. Let me see him, or I walk away."

"There's a good reason why I never let you see him. I'm scared that seeing him would break you. The room's located on the edge of the spirit world and the eternal darkness. A place surrounded by the screams of the damned taking their final breath. And your father—he's become a demon unlike any other."

"And I'm a succubus, unlike any other. Open the portal, or I walk out of here and you'll never see me again."

"Fine."

Pan waved his hand and another vertical tear appeared, but this one didn't emit white light. Black and purple light shimmered through the jagged crack, along with muffled sounds of screaming.

"How do I get back?"

"I'll open the rip, you just walk through it."

Ella pushed apart the two sides of the portal and walked through.

"She actually went?" Geoff said.

"I didn't want her to go."

"I know. She'll make it. She's tough."