Beelzebub, Jerico's Journey, and Belphagor

Long Beach, California

Pauly's Fit N Sip

"Keep it going, ladies! Up, down, left, right! Hold that pose, hold that pose—squat it out! Hold, hold, hold, and up! You're doing great, ladies. Just two more minutes!"

Fifty women were sweating to the golden oldies as their instructor, a little man by the name of Pauly, led them through the movements.

Pauly walked through the group while the women continued the routine and stood behind a lady and placed his hands on her hips.

"Rotate like this, Rebecca," Pauly rotated her hips with his hands, deliberately pressing himself into her ass.

The music ended and Pauly jogged to the front of his class and took a bow.

"Ya'll did so well," he clapped. "I'm so proud of ya'll. Rebecca? Remember, slow is smooth, but deeper gets you that ass you've always dreamed of, honey."

Rebecca nodded her head emphatically.

"Now don't ya'll forget that Pedro is at the bar today AND tonight. So if you sexy ladies wanna unwind with Pedro, and yours truly, stop in and visit us."

Fifty smiling women waved goodbye and filed out of the room, laughing and chit chatting amongst themselves.

Pauly wiped the sweat from his brow with a towel and answered his cellphone. "What's the good word?"

"They're summoning tonight." The female voice said. "They're so excited, you should see them."

"Oh, I'll be seeing them. And when I do, I'll show them the full power and glory of their God, believe you me. I'm excited, Janine. It's been a while since I got my hands dirty."

"Good for you, boss. See you later?"

"You sure will. Bye now."

Pauly stuffed the phone in his duffle bag, slung it over his shoulder, and made his way to his Mercedes, parked front and center of the parking lot. He opened his car door and Ella landed on his back.

She slammed her fingers like knives into his ribcage, then Pauly grabbed Ella's head and pulled her over his shoulder, slamming her into the side of his car. She flipped over and catapulted herself off the car, spearing Pauly to the ground, then Pauly punched her in the face knocking her away.

"Are you a fucking succubus? Seriously," Pauly stomped Ella on the head. "And in broad fucking daylight?" He stomped her head a few more times, cracking the pavement under her skull.

"Do you have any idea, any fucking clue, who I am? I'm Beelzebub! You just fucked up, little girl." Pauly straddled Ella, grabbing her face in one hand and squeezing. "I like your fire. I think I might keep you around and fuck your soul for a little while."

Ella slammed her fingers into both sides of his neck and pressed his lips to hers and inhaled.

A translucent golden mist poured out of his ears, eyes, nose, and mouth, and into Ella.

* * * *

"You gotta tell me what we're doing, bro." Danny said.

Jerico sat on the bench outside a coffee shop watching the vehicles drive by, people walking, and the commercial blimps in the sky. And it was driving Danny nuts.

"Mike! We've been sitting here for a whole fuckin hour. If you don't start talkin, I might have to get physical."

"Calm down." Jerico said.

"He speaks! Holy shit! Don't stop now! Tell me what we're doing. I'm on my fourth coffee from this shitty place."

"Maybe four coffees in an hour is your problem."