Gabriel's Mission, One Last Time, and Long Distance Calling

Hatcher laid there while Danny mindlessly humped her.

It was one of the first things he talked about after they arrived at the Sanctum Sanctorum. His droning on and on about how it had been so long, and how much he missed it, and how much he needed it, simply wore her down.

Maybe it was his rhythmic grunting, or that it was so dark it relaxed her, but she fell asleep. Her eyes were open and her body remained engaged, but her mind was elsewhere.

"Sigil weaver." Gabriel said.

Hatcher was standing in the same white void she was earlier, and there was Gabriel, standing before her.

"Fuck—about time, Gabe. I'm going crazy! What am I supposed to do with what you told me? I can't stay here if I'm actually working for THE Lucifer."

"I will of course secure your way out of the Sanctum Sanctorum, but—"

"No, no but. Don't you say but."

"There is something you must find first. In the war's aftermath, God's scribe, Metatron, created a device to find the Ark of the Covenant. The device is held in a secret room located in the bowels of the Sanctum Sanctorum. I would have gotten it myself long ago, but it is warded to keep beings like myself out."

"How is none of this in a book somewhere? You know, like the Bible?"

"Lucifer made sure the truth was hidden. That he has pulled the wool over the eyes of humanity makes him laugh. To see God's children curse his name for allowing evil to thrive, brings him joy more than anything else."

Hatcher sighed, "alright, send me back and the first chance I get, I'll grab this thing, gather the boys, and we can get out of here."

Hatcher opened her eyes, back in her room, and Danny was lying on his side, snoring. Sleeping was out of the question now, so she got up, put on her clothes, and went in search of the device.

The passage was constructed of a mixture of cobblestone and wood. Hatcher loved the earthy smell, especially here in her corridor as it was narrow.

Built into the ceiling of the corridor were small, round windows, and above those, another floor and more windows, that allowed the moonlight from outside to feed several floors into the Sanctum Sanctorum with its soft glow.

She came to the 'T' intersection and turned right, heading for the old stairwell leading to the basement. But along the way, she passed Jerico's room. Hatcher knocked, and Jerico opened the door in only his boxers.

Jerico took Hatcher in his arms and they kissed. He slid his hands down her back and cupped her ass cheeks, lifting her up on his hips and carrying her into his room, then kicked his door closed with the back of his foot.

He laid her on the bed, slid his boxers off, and waited for Hatcher to undress. She did so feverishly, then pulled him close and he collapsed on top of her, finding her nipples with his mouth.

"I missed this." Hatcher said. "I missed you, baby."

Jerico slid himself inside of her. Hatcher reeled, trying her best to not be loud.

"Am I hurting you?" Hatcher said, brushing his bandaged gunshot wound over his ribs with her fingers.

"I'm good, baby girl. Come here."

Jerico lifted Hatcher into his arms and stood up, lowering her on his dick and pressing her into the wall.

"Don't stop, baby." Hatcher said. "Don't fucking stop. It's all yours. It belongs to you. Always has, always will."

* * * *

The room was small and round, perched at the very top of the Sanctum Sanctorum. As the topmost room, the walls were lined with small round viewing windows that overlooked the mountains. It had no ceiling, and the walls rose high above, leaving a round opening at the top. From it, Danny could see the full moon, whose glow reached only halfway down, leaving the bottom half as dark as night.

Danny took out a pocketknife, flicked open the blade, and sliced his hand. Blood drained onto the rough stone floor and puddled.

Kneeling, he stirred the puddle of blood with his finger, "Attenrobendum eos, ad consiendrum, audite, omnis, audite. Mihi loquere, omnis, audite."

The sigil made of blood bubbled violently for a second then stopped once the connection was made.

"Tell me you are where I think you are." Pan said. As he spoke, the blood vibrated.

"I'm here, alright." Danny said, but it wasn't his voice that emerged. "This guy's wife just left, so I figured I'd come give ya a call. Listen, the front door to this place is in box town, you know, where the old Silver Creek flood channel is?"

"I know exactly where it is," the blood vibrated.

"But hey, there's this big sewer pipe deal, and it's fenced over. You gotta get in there. That's where the portal is."

"I'm in your debt, Jerry. Next time I see you, it's all you can eat souls."

"You don't gotta tell ME like I forgot. Jerry Funkle never forgets."