Chapter 6 : Offerings of Fate (運命のささげもの)

The man lowered his gaze in contemplation, his expression unreadable.

After a moment, he leaned back and met her gaze with a steady look.

"Why do you think?" he asked calmly, his tone neutral, giving nothing away.

She found herself unable to decipher the Emperor's inscrutable gaze.

Tilting her head slightly, she calmly unfurled her previously folded sleeves as she spoke, "If I have to make a guess, I'd say I'm someone who's not supposed to be here."

She meticulously and continuously straightened the sleeves of her shirt. The sleeves, extending past her palms in their full length, defied the regulations enforced within the school walls, necessitating their perpetual folding whenever on campus.

She had always maintained the habit of covering her hands, a preference that remained steadfast and unchanged over time.

With the Emperor maintaining his silence, she resumed speaking, "I assume that, being one of the rulers, you were informed about the arrival of someone from a different world, prompting you to take an interest in this matter?"

"That's a valid assumption as well. However, rulers don't typically take notice of individuals arriving here from various worlds," he replied.

She adjusted her posture, directing her gaze squarely at him.

"I believe, Your Imperial Majesty has much more pressing matters to attend to rather than to await my conjectures, and I lack the necessary information to make accurate guesses." She reiterated her point bluntly, prompting an unreadable smile from Theodore.

He stood up, gracefully crossing the room to reach the expansive floor-to-ceiling window. With a poised demeanor, he began to speak,"To put it plainly, you're special."

She remained silent to his vague words and waited for him to continue.

"When an individual is born or passes away within the three royalties, a distinctive surge or decline in power can be sensed by the other royals. This sensation is distinct for each of the three royalties," Theodore clarified.

A moment of contemplative silence followed as Theodore's tranquil gaze drifted beyond the window, lost in reflection.

"Today, every member of each royalty sensed the power surge originating from the Golden Royalty," Theodore revealed.

She lifted her cup to her lips with serene composure, her attention fully engaged in his words.

'I hope it doesn't has anything to do with m—'

"It belonged to you," he interjected, his gaze shifting back to her.

Her actions came to a halt, and she blinked her eyes twice, a subtle frown forming on her face. Before she could voice her thoughts, the Emperor resumed speaking.

"It's still radiating from you, the power of the Golden Royalty."

She set the cup down gently on the table before addressing him.

"Your Majesty mentioned that this sensation occurs within royals, yet I'm not even from this world."

"That is true," he acknowledged simply and offered no further explanation, allowing a weighty silence to fill the room.

She cast her gaze beyond the window, where the serene, warm blue sky stretched endlessly, relishing in the tranquility of the moment.

As she savored the peaceful scene, her mind wandered, imagining the sheer delight of spending an entire day lost in the beauty of the picturesque scenery, unburdened by the complexities and enigmatic events that had abruptly engulfed her life.