Chapter 3 : Seeking Clarity In The Unknown (未知に明確さを求めて)

Her straight eyebrows arched as she turned back to gaze toward the closed window

'Someone...i sensed someone's gaze.'

She tilted her head.

She didn't know what was going on. She had never been so clueless in her life like she was right now.

Her mind was all muddled up.

She was totally blank about what was happening and she disliked it.

Well, more than disliked, she hated it.

The unsettling feeling of ignorance gnawed at her, leaving her uneasy and unsettled.

She took in a deep breathe and exhaled as she tilted her head slightly and pushed back her hair with her hand, mussing up her straight bangs.

She calmly headed towards the door to go out when something struck her.

The door was locked.

From the inside.

She wasn't the one who locked it.

Her hand reaching for the door suspended in mid-air, hesitated just inches from the door. Abruptly, a memory surfaced in her mind.

How could she forget about it?

'That hand....who was that?'

She frowned as she rested her head against the door.

A thought crept into her mind: could that person be lurking in this room, concealed from view?

With unwavering conviction, she dismissed the idea. In this moment, for some reason unknown, her senses seemed heightened to the maximum, and she felt with certainty that she was the sole occupant of the storeroom.

"Well...except for that bird," she muttered, her narrowed gaze dull as she observed the indigo feathered creature cozying up on the windowsill, basking in the sun's warmth.

It was a human who pulled her into that black hole, and who was the person that was about to enter the living room?

Her hand at the door handle flexed and tightened then she pushed the door open and stepped into the unknown, only to come face to face with a figure right away.

"What the..."

Straight blackish-blue hair cascaded down to her chest. Her feline eyes were sharp and clear, the colors resembling a two-shaded moonlit lake, with deep blue and silvery pale blue hues that mystically refused to blend.

Her upturned lips were plump and rosy, a striking contrast against her spotlessly pale skin. Adorning her ears were numerous silver stud piercings, glinting in the light.

Leaving her momentarily disoriented, she was greeted by her own reflection.

The walls appeared to be made of one-way glass, offering a voyeuristic view of concealed spaces. The floor and ceiling, bathed in the hue of rose gold, added an air of luxury and enchantment to the surroundings.

At the end of the hallway, the storeroom seemed to stand as the final destination.

One thing bugged her, but first, in an attempt to find answers, she concentrated her eyesight, seeking to once again penetrate the mysteries concealed behind the one-way glass wall, as she had involuntarily done before.