Chapter 35

Sozin's Comet Part 1

"More ferocious!" Zuko yelled as he watched Aang go through his firebending moves.

The two had been practicing for over an hour, Zuko becoming visibly irritated as the time went on. While they had been doing that, the rest of us had opted to take some time to relax on the steps leading up to the entrance of the beach house. I had tried to be a little productive and decided to cut up some watermelon juice for everyone. The days were getting hotter and hotter, the sun beating down on our backs and making it hard to find the motivation to do anything sp I figured I'd make everyone a refreshing snack. I had no idea how Aang could stand doing so much firebending in one sitting without passing out from heatstroke. The rest of us had been lazing around all day, simply lounging around as the other two worked on their bending. We all had figured that since Aang was going to wait until after the comet to defeat Ozai, we had plenty of time to relax before the real shit started happening. Though, Zuko did not seem to be sharing the same sentiment as the rest of us.

"Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko coached, scrutinizing Aang's every move.

Aang groaned, "I'm trying."

"Now let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo!" I raised my head and watched as Aang let out a quiet roar and sent weak flames from his hands and mouth. "That sounded pathetic. I said roar!"

Aang took a deep breath and roared, sending huge bursts of flames from his palms and mouth. Momo moved to hide behind Zuko, frightened by the sudden noise. Zuko gave Aang a satisfied nod as I stuck the last few straws into the watermelon.

"Who wants some watermelon juice?" I announced, deciding it was time for Aang to have a break and cool down.

Aang immediately perked up and began to rush forward, "Oh! Me, me, me!"

He was abruptly stopped by Zuko who had yanked him back, "Hey, your lesson is not over yet! Get back here!" He picked Aang by the back of his clothes, holding him high enough to where his feet weren't even on the ground.

"Come on, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki commented from her place beside Sokka (who was slurping up his watermelon juice as if he'd been dehydrated for days).

"Fine," Zuko dropped Aang and the boy immediately rushed off. "If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!"

"Maybe Zuko's right," Sokka said as I handed him his second watermelon. "Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know one thing to change that-" Sokka stood and practically ripped off his clothes, leaving only his undergarments. "Beach party!"
Everyone excitedly began rushing to their rooms to get on their swimwear or remove their clothes. I cleaned up the watermelon, gave the rinds to Appa, and walked to my room to grab some towels for everyone. I pulled on my (f/c) swimsuit and gathered my things before heading to the door where everyone was impatiently waiting.

"Jeez, woman you are so slow," Sokka complained, his hands on his hips.

"Oh really?" I turned to him and smirked, handing the towels to Katara, "Race you to the water!"

"That's cheating!" Sokka yelled after me as I dashed down the steps and towards the water.

I could hear his steps getting closer and closer behind me as my feet touched the hot sand. I pushed forward, willing my legs to carry me just a little farther. When I finally made it to the water I wasted no time jumping in. I quickly resurfaced just in time to see Sokka jumping in after me. My eyes widened and I moved to the side to avoid being crushed a mere second before he made contact with the water.