Of Runaways & Stowaways

Seagulls call as a ship moves over peaceful blue waters. A pan of the boat from bow to stern reveals... Passengers strolling across both the upper and mid decks.

Blake rests her hands on the rail and stares out at the ocean. Blake blinks and looks over her right shoulder, somewhat startled. Two kids laugh over a joke. Blake almost smiles and turns to look back at the ocean.

Footsteps approach.

Captain: Traveling alone?

Blake jumps and grips the hilt of Gambol Shroud. She halts her action when she sees the captain of the boat.

 She halts her action when she sees the captain of the boat

Captain: Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat.

Blake hesitates before relaxing her posture with a roll of her eyes.

Blake: And why is that?

The Captain lowers his arms and then twists to lean idly onto the rail.

Captain: Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories.

Blake turns away from the Captain.

Blake: Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone.

The two kids run behind Blake laughing and she gasps again, not expecting the noise behind her. She turns and blinks at them trying to reset her calm.

Captain: (laughing) Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt.

Blake: Who says I'm paranoid?!

???: I believe being paranoid is written all over your face.

Blake's eyes widen as she jumps back and turning around to see her brother Luke.

Blake: L-Luke?! What are you doing here?

Luke: (puts his hands in his pockets) Hey, I promised I looked after you, right?

Blake: So you followed me? I don't remember a promise like that. I can look after myself.

Luke: You say that, but could you handle it by putting yourself in danger? So no way I'm leaving you again. Wherever you go, I go.

Captain: I'll leave you and your boyfriend be.

Blake: WHAT!? He's not my boyfriend!

Luke: C'mon, Cap'n, I'm already taken. Besides, I'm her brother.

Captain: Oh, guess I was wrong. Hehe.

The Captain turns and walks away, then stops.

Captain: But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring.

The Captain continues on his way and Blake stares after him. Once he's gone, she turns and looks at the ground for a few seconds before reaching up and undoing her bow.