Round One

Opens with a view of the golden sun in an orange sky over the tall grass and autumn trees. Ruby and Rex stands over the white stone memorial. Ruby's mother's gravestone.

Ruby: (lowering her hood, smiling sadly downward) Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. (shrugs) He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. (looks forlornly) I miss you too. (pause) Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Oh! We also have a fifth member on our team... This is Rex, he's my boyfriend. He's also a great sword fighter. He sings really good, too.

Rex: (waves to her mom's grave)

Ruby: Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some

Ruby: Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow.

A bark alerts her to the ever-adorable Zwei.

Ruby: Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping us off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission

Ruby: Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping us off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! Rex, you coming?

Rex: Yeah, I'll have to talk to your mom, first. I'll catch up with you later.

Ruby: Don't take too long. Love you!

Rex: Love you, too!

With that said, Ruby jogs back to her family as a group of crows fly into the sun to make a very familiar sight.

Rex: (Sighs) Mrs. Rose. If you can hear me, can you give my father a message? I wanted him to know that I'm alright, and Rin, she's got herself a new team and became a team leader called Team REBL. She also misses him, too. And so does Mom. I'll keep your daughter safe no matter what. I promise.