Burning the Candle

Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at.

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth.

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked! Elena, help me out!

Elena: Uh... (Points the left tablecloth) This?

Weiss: (Pleased) Thank you.

Weiss walks out of the scene as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

Yang: (brushing her hands as she approaches Ruby) So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going.

Rin: Speaking of, did Rex ask you out?

Ruby: Well...

Yang: He didn't?

Ruby: (Lower her head) He didn't.

Yang: (Threatening) Okay, I'm gonna give him an answer.

Rin: No, no, no, Yang! Don't be hasty!

Briana: So what if he didn't ask Ruby out.

Mia: No, I agree with Yang.

Rin: Mom!

Mia: I can't believe my own son didn't ask his own girlfriend out for the dance!

Ruby: No, it's fine, Mrs. Venti! It's not like I'm forcing him to go.

Briana: I haven't seen Rex all day. I thought he was supposed to be helping us decorate the dance.

Elena: Or Luke. Maybe they're practice?

Mia: Oh, dear, where could they be?

Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!