Chapter 18

"I-I had no idea" Jimin says.

"If she wants any of us, it would be Jungkook. Maybe... maybe you should confess to her," Taehyung suggested tentatively.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise at the suggestion. "Me? why me? I'm not ready," he admitted, his voice laced with uncertainty.

Taehyung placed a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "You love her, don't you? And you've always been there for her. Maybe it's time to take that next step," he encouraged, his tone gentle.

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair as he mulled over Taehyung's words. "I do love her, but... I just don't know if I'm ready. what if she wants you?," he confessed, his expression troubled.

Taehyung nodded understandingly, sensing Jungkook's hesitation. "You have been with her more than we have," he reassured, offering his friend a supportive smile.

Jungkook turned to Jimin, seeking his opinion on the matter. "What do you think, hyung? Should I confess to Y/n?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Jimin paused for a moment, considering his response carefully. "Honestly, I think you should," he replied, his tone earnest.

Jungkook's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "You do?" he asked, taken aback by Jimin's unexpected answer.

Jimin nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah. You love her, and you've been there for her through thick and thin. I think she'd be lucky to have you," he explained, his gaze softening.

Jungkook felt a surge of warmth spread through him at Jimin's words. "Thanks, hyung. That means a lot," he said, gratitude evident in his voice.

Jungkook noticed the hesitation in Jimin's eyes, and it made him pause. "Hyung, are you sure about this?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

Jimin sighed, his expression conflicted. "I want you to be happy, Jungkook. But... I can't help but worry that you're sacrificing your own happiness for mine," he admitted, his voice tinged with regret.

Jungkook frowned, feeling a pang of guilt wash over him. "Hyung, I'm not sacrificing anything. You mean the world to me, and I'd do anything for you," he reassured, sincerity shining in his eyes.

But Jimin shook his head, a sad smile playing on his lips. "I know, Jungkook. And I appreciate that more than you know. But I can't help but feel like I'm holding you back from finding your own happiness," he confessed, his gaze dropping to the floor.

Jungkook reached out, placing a comforting hand on Jimin's shoulder. "Hyung, you're not holding me back. If anything, you're pushing me forward," he insisted, determination flashing in his eyes.

Taehyung breaks the heart-touching moment and reminds them that its Y/n's birthday tomorrow. 

"Guys, what gifts have you got for y/n? It's her birthday tomorrow" Taehyang reminds them. 

"we'll see hyung" jimin replied.