Chapter 8: Morning Awakening [Y/n's POV]

I slowly stirred awake from my slumber, I felt a gentle warmth enveloping me. 

who could it be?

Blinking my eyes open, I was met with the sight of Jungkook, his hand resting lightly on my shoulder as he gently shook me awake.

"Hey, Y/n, it's time to wake up," Jungkook whispered softly, his voice warm and comforting.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of Jungkook so close to her, a soft blush spreading across my cheeks as I took in his gentle expression.

"Good morning, Jungkook," I murmured, my voice still thick with sleep as I stretched and sat up in bed.

Jungkook smiled at me, his eyes crinkling with warmth. "Good morning, sleepyhead," he teased gently, his hand lingering on my shoulder for a moment longer before he withdrew it.

I couldn't help but smile back at him...

"Thanks for waking me up, What time is it?," I said gratefully.

Jungkook's smile widened at my words for some reason, his gaze softening as he met my eyes. "It's pretty late...," he replied sincerely.

I blinked sleepily, rubbing my eyes. "Oh, really? what time is it?," she replied with a sheepish smile.

"1 pm" he said.

"what?!" I couldn't help myself but be surprised...

Jungkook chuckled. "Yeah, Jimin and Taehyung tried to wake you up earlier, but you didn't budge," he explained, a playful grin tugging at his lips.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, really? I'm so sorry," I apologized, feeling a twinge of guilt at having slept through their attempts to wake me.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Jungkook reassured her, his smile warm and reassuring. 

I nodded. 

"So, Y/n, what do you feel like having for breakfast?" Jungkook asked, his voice filled with genuine curiosity.

I paused, considering my options for a moment before replying, "Hmm, maybe just some pancakes?"

Jungkook nodded, a smile spreading across his face at my suggestions. "Sounds good to me," he replied eagerly. "I'll go see what we have in the kitchen and get started."

Jungkook left the room. As soon as he left I got up from the bed and quickly opened my suitcase to find something good to wear, I didn't have much to choose. Ugh! 

I quickly freshen up from the bathroom, as soon as i got out after brushing my teeth and washing my face. 

Jungkook returned to the room with a tray in hand, filled with a delicious spread of pancakes, eggs, and toast.

"Breakfast is served," he announced with a grin, setting the tray down on the nearby table.

My eyes widened in delight at the sight of the mouthwatering spread before me. 

"Wow, Jungkook, this looks amazing," I exclaimed, my stomach rumbling in anticipation.

Jungkook chuckled, a hint of pride in his voice. "I hope you like it. I tried to make your favorites," he replied, taking a seat across from me at the table.

As they finished their breakfast, I pushed back my chair with a satisfied sigh. "That was delicious, thank you, Jungkook," I said, smiling gratefully at him.

"You're welcome," Jungkook replied with a smile.

I sit next to my suitcase on the floor again, and look for something to wear.

Jungkook sat beside me. However, his brows furrowed in concern as he noticed something peculiar. "Hey, Y/n, I noticed... some of your clothes seem to be ripped," he said gently, holding up a torn blouse.

My smile faltered slightly as I glanced at the torn garment, a flicker of sadness crossing my features. "Oh, umm..I-I umm..," I tried to replied, my voice tinged with embarrassment.

Jungkook's expression softened. "Are you okay? Do you need any help replacing them?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern for her well-being.

"umm...N-no, It's o-okay" My voice could stay steady.

"you can tell me what's wrong" Jungkook said pleasingly. 

"I've been trying to save as much as I can just to afford this trip to Korea," I admitted, my gaze momentarily dropping to my lap. "I know my clothes are old and worn out, but... I didn't want to spend money on new ones when I could use it for my plane ticket, I-I shouldn't have left Korea in the first place..." My voice gave up on me. 

"Oh, Y/n, I'm sorry, what's wrong?" he asked softly, reaching out to gently wipe away my tears.

"I-I'm sorry that i left you guys in the first place" My voice trembling with emotion. 

Jungkook wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a gentle yet firm embrace. "You shouldn't have to worry about things like this," he said gently. "We're all here for you, Y/n. If you need anything, just let us know."

I buried my face in Jungkook's chest, my tears dampening his shirt as I clung to him tightly. In his embrace, I felt a sense of safety and reassurance, as if all my worries and fears could melt away.

Gently, Jungkook helped me to my feet, his touch gentle and supportive as he guided me over to the bed. With care, he guided me to sit down, ensuring that i was comfortable before taking a seat beside me.

I could tell Jungkook was about to say something, before a knock bounced upon my ears.