7 + 10 (Oneshot)

" What a great assist from Dybala!

" What a great assist from Dybala!... "

Paulo replayed that part over and over again.

It was a habit for him to watch the game highlights whenever he got a chance to, partially -ok, mainly- to give himself a boost up fueled by the commentator's enthusiastic -but rightful- praise words, especially in games where he shined. And that day's game was another one of those,

Except admiring his performance wasn't exactly the reason why he kept replaying that part.

"... Annnnd a goal from Ronaldo!! "

He lay there on his bed, flat on his stomach, green eyes glued to the screen as he watched for the fourth -or was it the fifth?- time how he passed the ball so smoothly to Cristiano, how the Portuguese scored straight into the net, and here came the part he's been waiting for.. 

" Vamos !!! "

He hadn't noticed when they were on the pitch the way the man had gestured for him with his hand to 'come here', the way he stood waiting for him with opened arms, the way he tightly held him close as the boy threw himself at him, legs almost wrapped around the older's waist..
All these details were being absorbed by him now, though, with a wide, blushful smile plastered on his face, nostalgia squeezing at his heart as though this game didn't take place a few hours ago...

~He has gotten close to the Portuguese man over the course of two years following Cristiano joining Juventus. And soon it was all over the news, the special bond they had, the undefeated number 7 and number 10... But there were deeper layers to that bond that only he and the man came to explore, from close-friendship to mutual flirtations all the way to making out whenever they were behind closed doors.. And they clicked outside the pitch just as much as they did on the pitch, probably a bit more..

.. Until they had their first 'fight', last night, which was the day prior to that game he was watching.

Paulo couldn't even remember how that 'fight' began. They had headed from the evening's training session back to Cris' mansion where they had sex -of course-. Then Paulo had a sudden urge to ask Cris a question that's been nagging his brain, he simply wanted to know if the older had similar relations with previous teammates, except -he admitted to himself- his words might've betrayed him, affected by piled up jealousy, and the question came out as 'Am I supposed to believe I'm your only boy-toy?' And then one word led to another where he got called 'an immature brat' by the older, and next thing he knew was storming out of the place,
.. 'accidentally'  breaking a vase on his way out.~

As he went through last night's flashbacks the screen was still paused on that shot after he had jumped on the man's body, arms around each other's in a tight hug; and he was still looking at it. In that moment it had felt like all traces from last night disappeared into the hug, like they've wordlessly forgiven each other's..