Meeting

Jeonghan's POV:

The hotel was grandeur, unlike any meeting place we had been before. We had been to extremely exquisite places including private resorts and mansions before but the interior of this particular venue screamed royalty. A bunch of bodyguards led us to the gazebo in the back garden.

A lady in a white gown was present inside. Her face was not visible clearly but her silhouette screamed perfection. She was facing a canvas and her brush stroked gently against the rough patchy paper on the canvas. Her light brown hair fluttered lightly with the wind while I stood silently, observing her.

Seungchoel nudged me slightly to bring me back from my lost self. I looked on both sides to find Choel and Jihoon staring at me. I don't know why I was not doing anything. Should I disturb her when she is busy? I was contemplating with myself but then she turned showing her beautifully sculpted face. 

She looked me in the eye and I went still again. An enigma captured my attention and I was more lost than I was previously. Her brown curls fluttered and her lips kept smiling. Her eyes were hazel brown and slowly made me lose my composure. I was drawn to her and I knew that I had to compose myself but I wanted to stay dazed for a little more time. Just for a little bit more.

"Yes?" Her sweet voice brought me back to my senses and I gently chuckled as I realized how I had been behaving. I took a deep breath and faced her again. Those captivating eyes tried to bind me again but this time I somehow maintained my pose. Maybe a glaring creature beside me helped me because his gaze felt like a piercing dagger.

"Are you the one who contacted us?" I asked. She looked puzzled and arched her perfect eyebrows, signaling me to speak further. 

"We are here for the deal," I replied. Suddenly her smile shrank and her face became expressionless. She nodded and reached for her cell phone. She dialed a number and we heard it ring. The other line got picked after two rings.

"Dad, your guests are at the gazebo." She spoke stoically on the phone. I can hear the disgust in her tone. She cut the phone and threw it on the mini cushion chair where her brushes rested. She faced us again, but she was no more welcoming. Her eyebrows were arched and she was alert. Her thin slender fingers were clasping the brush tightly as if a little more force, and the brush would snap into two.

She didn't even break eye contact with me. She didn't blink. Her eyes were a mirror to her soul. No matter how much she controlled her expressions and did not scowl at us, her eyes openly displayed fear, rage, and a little hurt. It stung me a little how cold she turned after learning about our line of work.

"Ohh, I apologize for my guards. He guided you to the wrong gazebo. They were supposed to take you to the one present on the other side of the hotel." A man suddenly approached us. That was when I finally blinked and looked somewhere else. 

The man looked like he was in his early fifties. He was dressed in an expensive suit and a gold-rimmed glass sat high on his nose. He had a faint beard and hints of silver in his hair. He was aging fine but his physique looked similar to a retired athlete.

I bowed, showing respect to the man older than me, and went for a handshake. He was our new customer, a hugely profitable one. He has ordered drugs from us in bulk which is rare for us. We may be in the business but we need to do a background check when we let someone join our client or customer circle. Safety is my priority.

"You are the dealer? You seem young to be in a nasty business like this, son." I heard a scoff from behind which I was sure, was from Jihoon. I just smiled and didn't reply. What should I say? That we are forced? Is there any point?

"Follow me. I know where we can talk." He asked us politely. I nodded and glanced at the fair lady for the last time who captured my attention. She looked serene and calm but her eyes followed me like a hawk. She didn't return to her painting as I expected but carefully observed the commotion. 

What is wrong with me?

I felt a slight push that seemed to bring me back to the earth again and I am thankful that her dad didn't notice me. I followed him silently afterward and didn't dare to look back at her again. Somehow, a single glance towards her captures me in a trance.

"I know she is pretty but compose yourself Jeonghan-ah," Seungchoel whispered in my ears and immediately retreated. I glared at him but I knew I was behaving weirdly. Since I never break my character, I can't explain what's happening today. I feel confused after seeing her.

I shrugged and entered the room where our new customer guided us. We sat on the expensive-looking sofa and the doors closed. A comforting silence spread and we looked at each other. I kept glancing at Jihoon who looked unfazed but it was easy to see him concealing his tremoring hand under his lap. He slightly sat on them to calm down. I feel bad for not being able to help him.

"So....shall we begin?" The elder in the room broke the silence. We nodded and braced ourselves for another long meeting. Throughout the meeting, I kept zoning out. I am physically present in the room but my mind keeps drifting towards that particular gazebo where I saw an angel in white.

Should I meet her later?