Chapter 8: Successfully Fertilized

One week later...

After having an explicit moment with Goku, Kagome decided to go outside and have some fresh air. It was strange she didn't feel anything, except she was feeling sore a bit. Looking up at the sky, she could see that the moon was out

The full moon sure looks beautiful, Kagome thought as she continued looking at the moon. She turned her gaze towards the road ahead of her. She continued walking until she spotted Piccolo. He was standing over the mountain practicing his training. Then he noticed Kagome was staring at him.

Piccolo looked at her and said coldly "What are you doing here? Have you come here for the rematch? Is Goku here with you?"

"I was going to ask you the same question, and no, Goku isn't here with me," Kagome responded, making Piccolo scowl in annoyance.

"You're not here to confront me, are you?" He questioned her.

"It isn't my business to confront you. I just saw you so I would say hi to you. I only come here in peace."

"Is this a joke to you?" Piccolo said, having her while folding his arms, "Why did you come here, anyway?"

"Well, I needed someone to train, so I thought I would give you a rematch as a second chance," Kagome said.

He arched his brows. "What?"

"Since you wanted to have revenge on us, I will give you a rematch. I swear I will lose to you this time, but you better not be planning on killing me or Goku. I only came to ask you to train with me." Kagome said.

Piccolo laughed a bit.

"What's so funny?" Kagome asked.

"It's funny, I was planning to kill you both, but I guess that won't happen because you're just as soft as Goku. You're safe with me from now on," Piccolo said, smirking.

"I hope you're not going on a rampage after almost a year of the tournament. I prefer us as friends. You don't look too evil at all." Kagome said.

"Shut up. If you want a rematch, then let's get it over with." It was then Kagome and Piccolo began to train after the deal she made with him.

***

After she had trained with Piccolo, they ended up sitting beside the fireplace cooking fried fish. Piccolo was sitting on the log, keeping an eye on her. He never understood why Kagome was being too kind to her. He never trusted her the same way he never trusted Goku. He still wanted to have revenge on Goku and Kagome. He needed to get rid of them, so he could take over the world.

It was then he began to question, "Hey, wench!"

"My name is Kagome."

"Kagome... Why are you being so soft all of a sudden? Why aren't you finishing me like you did to me a while ago?" Piccolo questioned her.

She smiled at him. "Listen, Piccolo. I know deep down you were lonely sometimes."

"I'm fine being a lonely one. I always like being alone. But why are you being so kind to me? Is this one of your tricks?" Piccolo questioned her again.

"I wanted to be friends with you, Piccolo. Besides, I thought I would give you a chance since you weren't as evil as the Great Demon King Piccolo." Kagome said.

"I'm not making friends with foes like you. Don't you get it? I'm the Great Demon King. You should be despising me for what I've done. Don't you ever talk back to me thinking I'm just a nice person?" Piccolo complained, "Once I get rid of you and Goku, I'll be able to take over the world."

She chuckled. "I don't think you would." Then she faced Piccolo with a serious look, "Tell me, Piccolo, what do you think of me? Am I not trustworthy?"

He glared at her. "I don't trust you. And so is Goku."

She looked down, showing him her kindness. "Ever since I fought you, I don't think you're like the old Piccolo. You don't seem like a bad guy to me."

"Tch." He looked away.

"I was right along, even though Chichi and everyone else may be scared of you," Kagome said, smiling at him.

Piccolo stood up, glaring at her last time. "Is this one of your tricks? If it is, then stay away from me. Once we meet again, next time let me kill you."

She looked down at the fire. The two went silent as Piccolo stared down at her. With that, Piccolo decided to leave her behind.

"Stupid girl," Piccolo mumbled himself, walking away.

She smiled, letting out a giggle.

***

One month later...

After she briefly trained with Piccolo, Kagome started to feel sick by the time she started to throw up this morning. Goku and Chichi went to her house to check on her, so Chichi brought her the pregnancy test, and five minutes later, it said positively as they realized Kagome was eventually pregnant.

After that, they brought her to the hospital to get a check-up. The doctor gave out a check-up to Kagome while questioning how long she started her period and how long has been feeling sick, Kagome explained a few things to them. Lastly, when the check-up was done, the doctor brought out the note and began his announcement.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Son. Miss Higurashi is successfully fertilized. You guys would have told us if you two agreed with the surrogate."

"Well, the nurse already knew ever since she gave me a check-up," Chichi said, rolling her eyes.

"Wow, and how far was I?" Kagome asked.

"You are three weeks pregnant, almost a month. You are good to go, Miss Higurashi." The doctor said.

"Thank you," Kagome said happily.

"What did you expect that it wouldn't work, now we can be parents," Chichi said happily as she tackled Goku into a hug.

"Well, I'm going to be a mother who carries your kid, you guys," Kagome teased, "I'm a mother now."

"That is true. Natsu would have been alive if he had been the father of your child." Goku said, smiling.

"Yeah..." Then she looked down, feeling sad.

Goku realized what he did. "Oh, no...! I'm sorry! I didn't mean for that."

She looked at him, smiling. "It's okay, Goku. What you said is true. I was thinking if it's a boy, I would like to name him after my late boyfriend."

"Oh, that would be a lovely name for our child. And I'm sorry about what happened to your boyfriend." Chichi said, showing her kindness.

It's fine, Chichi. Natsu was wondering how I was doing now since I last saw him alive." Kagome said, looking out the window.

Goku walked up to her and put his arm around her. "I'm sure he would be happy that you named our baby after him."

"I'm guessing we should go home and get some rest," Kagome said. They nodded in agreement. Then they took off heading home.

"We'll have to take care of you since you're now pregnant, Kags," Goku said, smiling at her.

Kagome giggled. "You're definitely right."