𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓮𝓷

"LAPD, Bradford, Nolan," Florentina heard a familiar voice coming from the door causing her to whack Sean's arm as he let out a little snicker, having briefly heard about what had happened between the two when he overheard a brief phone call the woman had at her desk.

"Uh, Officer Nolan?" Sean said as he rounded the corner, Florentina in tow and he kept a grip on her shoulder to make sure she didn't evade them.

"Nolan," John responded shaking the man's hand.

"Hey, I'm ADA Sean Del Monte, this is ADA Florentina Romernaz, Jessica Russo told us you'd be helping out," Sean took the man's hand, his hand then lowering back to Florentina's shoulder and gripping it to make sure she either didn't lunge for 'Asshat Bradford' or an open window.

"Sir, Officer Nolan is a rookie, I'm his superior officer, Tim Bradford," Tim spoke, his brows furrowed, seeing the look Florentina gave him from the side of his eye.

"Oh, sorry, I just assumed that he'd be in charge," Sean retorted, making Florentina bite down on her bottom lip that had stretched into a grin as she tried to contain her laugh, "The last guy Jessica dated was a Navy SEAL."

"Seriously?" Nolan looked a bit shaken up at the news.

"Yeah, talk about a strong handshake, like a-," Sean told him, Florentina pretending to rub her nose as she concealed her silent laugh.

"Okay, can we get the download on our protectee?" Tim interrupted, his eyes lingering on Florentina.

"Of course, Tina you do it while I take this call, I'll wait in the car," Sean patted her on the shoulder before leaving the house.

"Brad Hayes," Florentina started off, sounding less than impressed to be talking to them, the man in question raised his hand without looking at them as a sign of acknowledgement, "Worked Border Patrol for 12 years down in Temecula, rose to second in command until asshat over there started using inside techniques to help out smugglers."

Tim raised a brow at her as she continued, "Charged the cartels a fortune to smuggle the people they were trafficking in and out and now he's decided very generously to give us some names so if you let him die I'll have you reprimanded to the point you'll be cleaning out the drunk tank."

"No wonder he's hiding out here," Nolan said, disregarding her comments.

"Yep, testifying before a grand jury tomorrow," Florentina informed them, looking down at her nails before nodding at their state, "Sheriff's Department will coordinate shift changes when required, my card is here in case you really balls this up or anything suspicious, no matter how small because we can't have this guy dead no matter how much of a pervert he is."

"Officer Nolan," She shook the older man's hand to say goodbye.

"Nice to meet you," He responded.

Florentina just looked Tim up and down before walking around him and to the front door.

"Bye sweet cheeks," Brad spoke from his chair, making Florentina give him a dirty look and roll her eyes before leaving, walking out the door and to the car parked outside.

"Is there some history between you and her?" John asked as Tim kept his eyes trained on her throughout the whole ordeal until she walked out the door.

"No, there's no history," Tim answered, not knowing where the question was even coming from. His eyes still followed her out the door, his fingers tapping on the handle of his gun, as he couldn't help but shake the feelings of anger and jealousy that had come flooding in like a dam that had just broken inside his chest.