𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

"Your guy is guilty as hell, you know that right?" Florentina told Wesley as they stood outside the courthouse together.

"Yeah, I know. Not a lot of evidence to prove otherwise though." Wesley said with a shrug.

"I know, it's a big pain in my ass," Florentina groaned as she took a chug of her energy drink as Wesley did the same with his, now the two were not the type to have one every day, but when the two ever encountered each other on a trial they knew it was going to be hard so this was their little piece of solace through their stress.

"How much longer do we have?" Wesley said taking another long swig of his drink, it was pretty warm outside and the trial was dragging on.

"20 minutes," She checked her phone, "How's Angela?"

"Same as always." Wesley shrugged as he sipped his drink again, "How's Mikey?"

"Little shit," Florentina sighed, "Keeps on asking me questions I can't answer."

"That tends to happen." Wesley said with a chuckle as he checked his own phone, checking to see if anything was happening with the trial for him, "Why can't you answer them?"

"Because I don't know who his dad is or where his mom is," She rambled, "The least you could do to cheer me up is let me get your client put in Pelican Bay for the murder we both know he did."

"Can't do that." Wesley said, "No physical evidence and the witness isn't credible enough."

"So my case goes to shit and so does my love life," She kicks at some leaves in front of her shoe, "I'm having a great week."

"Hey now." Wesley said, trying to put a hand on her shoulder, Florentina brushed him off, "Come on. It's not all bad."

"Me and Tim aren't speaking," She told him as she crushed her can and put it in the recycling, "I am about to take up Lawrence Young's offer of a date just to try and let off some steam."

"Why aren't you guys speaking if you don't mind me asking?" Wesley said as he crossed his arms, getting more concerned about the situation.

"I'm surprised Tim didn't tell Angela and she didn't tell you," They began to walk back inside, sitting down on a bench outside the courtroom, "But we kissed and I tried to make a move and maybe pursue something thinking he felt the same so I've just ruined over a decade of friendship for nothing."

"Ouch." Wesley said with a small cringe, "He turned you down?"

"He just got up and walked out, talk about kicking a woman when she's down," Florentina clicked her tongue before shrugging, "Shit happens."

"Sounds like he couldn't handle it." Wesley said, he felt bad for her, "I doubt he'll hold it against you."

"Are we talking about the same man? The same Tim Bradford?" Her jaw dropped as she looked Wesley up and down, "The man's notorious for holding things against people."

"Not with you." Wesley said, "You guys have been close friends forever, you think he'll just drop it all because you made a move?"

"He's probably still not over Isabel," Florentina pursed her lips as they got up to walk into the courtroom, recess now over.

"Who knows? Maybe if you give it some time." Wesley said as they walked back into the courtroom, it was now just a waiting game.

✰✰✰

"So I heard that the trial went well," Lawrence said across the table, both had ordered food, now just enjoying the brief silence from their busy day.

"He got sweet talked with a deal, maybe you should take notes," Florentina sassed back, taking a sip of her cocktail.