Life in Different Places

Alicia awakened to find herself in an unfamiliar location. She overheard a woman outside greeting the leader of another village.

'Another city!' Alicia mused silently to herself.

Her anxiety grew as she realized she was in an entirely different place.

A man opened the door and gestured for them to exit the truck.

Everyone complied, except for one stubborn woman.

"I refuse to leave this truck until you explain why I'm here," the frustrated woman declared.

Understandably frustrated, like most of them, Alicia thought.

"Please exit the truck. I'm asking politely, but if you refuse, I'll be forced to take action," the man said, devoid of a smile.

"I won't move until you speak," the woman stated, bracing herself for whatever consequences might follow.

The woman anticipated that any punishment or beating would be minimal.

"Whip her until you're satisfied," the man ordered, before departing with the others who obeyed his commands.

They dragged her to a place called the dungeon, a decrepit site with horrors best left unseen. They subjected her to unspeakable torment before leaving her there for four days without sustenance, tied up with chains.

After four days, they returned her to the group. Some pitied her, while others mocked and blamed her for her predicament.

Night fell, and Alicia struggled to sleep due to her nightmares. She offered a brief prayer before attempting to rest again.

"Lord, thank you for today... It wasn't pleasant, but I am grateful. Please spare my life. I want to live to see my children and grandchildren, and to pass peacefully in old age. Thank you, Lord. Amen," Alicia silently prayed.

'Life is certainly not a bed of roses,' she reflected.

After praying, she managed to drift off without further issue.

****

In the morning, the guards roused them with shouts, startling Alicia. Charlie embraced her tightly, offering comfort.

They were led outside from the slave quarters to the rear of the palace.

Standing in line, they were inspected by a middle-aged woman.

Once she finished, some people emerged, presumably her friends and allies. They comforted her as the rest departed into the desert.

And there she is, a princess turned temporary slave...

*************

Hello, everyone. I've missed you all dearly. What did you think of this installment? I hope you enjoyed it.

Did you like it? 😊

Can you guess who I was referring to in the last sentence? You'll find out soon.

I apologize if the story seems short.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Love you all,
~Giftsam.