Queen's Refuge

Alicia fled, aware of soldiers pursuing her. Despite her efforts, they swiftly closed in.

"Where do you think you're going, Shy Lady?" one of them taunted.

"How dare you address your Queen as 'Shy Lady'!" Alina snapped, but her anger was met with laughter.

'These soldiers are supposed to be serious, if they truly serve the castle...'

"Do you mistake us for castle soldiers?" the man who seemed to lead them interrupted, echoing Alina's thoughts.

"Uh," Alina hesitated.

"Uh," another person among them mocked, inciting further laughter.

"We are not your castle's soldiers. We are merchants. Wicked merchants," the leader chuckled. "Which means you're to come with us without resistance and become a loyal slave."

Alina gasped, clutching her baby tightly. 'I can't abandon my child.'

Suddenly, she recalled the defensive moves she had silently learned from her training.

As the leader approached, she swiftly kicked him where it would hurt the most and dashed into the dark forest.

"You'll perish in that forest," she heard him yell as his men closed in around him.

Despite the forest's reputation, she had no choice but to venture into its depths to protect her child.

She ran until exhaustion overtook her, but at least they were safe.

Alina pushed herself to walk farther, until she stumbled upon a clearing bathed in light.

It was a breathtaking sight-a beautiful sanctuary that resembled a pack, but far more exquisite.

"Hello, Queen Alina," a young woman greeted warmly, halting in front of her.

Alina stepped back, taken aback by the unexpected reception.

"Um, hi," she replied hesitantly.

"I understand you might be confused, but I know your name. Come with me, I'll take you to our leader," the woman said with a smile.

Alina followed her to a stunning duplex, where a man sat outside.

"Hey, Da-" the man began, but stopped abruptly as he bowed to Alina.

Alina was puzzled. What was happening?

"Please, have a seat," the man offered, and she obliged.

For the first time in a while, she felt a sense of calm as she sat down.

"I'm Daniel, and she's Charlie," he introduced, while Charlie waved enthusiastically.

Alina returned the smile.

"I understand this might be overwhelming, with people bowing to you. Let me explain. We're part of the LIGHT PACK, where Christians reside. God told me you'd come; you're the Queen of our small pack. God knows why He's entrusted you with this responsibility, and we're gladly giving it to you..." Daniel paused as Alina interjected.

"Wait, hold on," Alina sighed. "Why would God choose someone like me for such a significant role? I don't even know you; for all I know, you could be lying," she retorted.

"I would never invoke God's name in deceit. If you doubt me, try acting as Queen for a week, and you'll see it's God's will," Daniel shrugged.

"Hmm," Alina pondered his words.

"Let me give it a week, and then I'll decide if you're truthful," Alina concluded.

Daniel smiled.

Charlie led her to a spacious room where they would stay.

"Let's see what God has in store for us here," she murmured to her daughter, who giggled.

*****

SEVEN YEARS LATER...

The days had been peaceful and harmonious, and Alina was now a respected Queen, devoid of any derogatory titles.

"Mummy, what's that sound?" Alicia, her daughter, inquired.

Something was amiss; Alina could feel it.

Suddenly, battle-hardened warriors emerged seemingly out of nowhere, launching an attack.

Soldiers swiftly surrounded the Queen and Princess, ushering them to safety, but Alina couldn't bear to witness her people's suffering, so she joined the fray, leaving the door open for her little one to escape with her.

*****

A/N:

Apologies if the story lacks excitement; I rushed through it.

Hope you enjoyed it, and if you notice any flaws, please let me know.

Thank you.