Mother and Daughter's Resolve

Many lay lifeless on the ground, with few survivors remaining, mostly Human Traders along with their leader, the Queen, princess, and some maids. The Queen emerged from confinement to join the fight, while Alina inadvertently left the doors unlocked, prompting Alicia to follow amidst the chaos.

"I warned you, if you force us, we will retaliate," the leader asserted before continuing his menacing threats.

"Your child has grown; perhaps I should end you and take her. A child's resilience is preferable to that of a woman with cancer who would perish before reaching our destination," the leader remarked coldly, fixing his gaze on Alicia.

Alicia felt a mix of fear and anger at the threat against her mother's life, yet she was also puzzled; her mother didn't have cancer, did she?

"Do not dare lay a hand on my daughter! God will curse you! Who do you think you are? You wretched fool," Alina retorted furiously.

"Forgive my lack of proper introduction. I am Rudolf, the leader of this human trade, shaping destinies for my own ends," Rudolf declared proudly.

"You're a demon, a tyrant," Alina seethed, her anger escalating.

Rudolf laughed at her accusation and arrogantly proclaimed, "No, I am not a demon. I am merely a human being, a perfect one at that. Isn't it gratifying to be a tyrant?"

"I am but an educator, teaching manners and revealing the pain humans inflict upon me," he added vehemently.

"Not all humans are responsible for your suffering, you despicable, misguided fool," Alina retorted, her fury reaching its peak.

Rudolf laughed wickedly, his hunger for conflict evident as he licked his lips.

"Prepare to meet your demise, for everyone here will be taken alive except you," Rudolf declared, poised for action.

"How dare you speak to our queen like that?" Charlie interjected.

"Silence, servant of The Shy Lady, lest you join her in death," Rudolf threatened, lifting his head slightly.

Realizing her fate, Alina silently offered her final prayers...

"Dear Lord, as I die, forgive all my sins, keep my daughter safe, and let her find the people who will help her. Amen," Alina prays silently, but Princess Alicia overhears it. Alina emerges and confronts the lawless tyrant, wielding a sword. *Clang!* The sound of swords clashing fills the air as Rudolf tries to strike her ribs, but she dodges and slashes his face.

"Nice miss," Rudolf stands in shock, gently touching his wound.

"Thanks," Alicia responds, still in her defensive stance. Rudolf kicks her waist, causing her to fall, but she quickly rolls away and stands up. Alina strikes Rudolf's face, causing him to drop his sword and fall to the ground.

"You..." He growls.

"Alina, look over there," Rudolf says, and she turns to look. Rudolf tricks Alina and seizes the opportunity to grab his gun, shooting her in the head, ensuring she won't survive.

Alicia cries as she wrestles free from the grip of one of the maids. She witnesses her mother's lifeless body on the floor, her world crumbling around her.

"Why does my world have to shatter like this, WHY?" Alicia asks herself.

Alicia approaches Rudolf and hits him with her small hand. Rudolf looks back, seeing a petite girl hitting him, but it doesn't hurt.

He grabs her. "Seize every living human on this land," Rudolf orders.

Alicia continues crying and shouting, but because she's still a child, they don't slap her, allowing her to cry herself to sleep.

A/N: I love this book 😍. What about you? Please forgive me if this chapter is too short; I didn't intend for it to be short, so please forgive me.

Wow, so Alina died. Who knew that would happen? Let's see what happens in Alicia's life. She doesn't know what awaits her. Will Alicia actually be enslaved? Will she find her father? If she does, will her life change, or will it worsen?

Let's find out and... What do you think about this chapter? I hope it's interesting 😏. I'd be happy if you surprised me with these three things... Vote, Comment, and Share..

~giftedFortune