11 - Wait for Me Outside.

I promise I'm not a judgemental person.

I try not to be anyways.

But I'm starting to think I kind of am, because it's taking me longer than expected to process the relationship Aiden has with those two. I mean, it's been a little over a week and in that time I've barely made any progress. I'm still just as lost as I was before, if not even more lost than before I got some answers.

Not only that, but I just started feeling like I could actually be friends with Aiden again. And then this is dropped onto me? I still don't know where my feelings stand with him let alone what I would feel like if we added not only one person, but two people into the mix. From the way Aiden interacts with them, speaks about them, dotes on them; it reminds me a little too much of a certain someone. If he's not already head over heels for them both, then he's definitely getting there.

Besides that, how does a relationship with more than two people even work? I mean, a standard relationship between two people already seems tough enough, adding even more people into the mix literally seems like a recipe for disaster.

Then again, what do I know? None of my business anyways...

The chime of the doorbell snaps me back into reality. Thank goodness for muscle memory because work would not have been getting done with how out of it I've been lately.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I move some clothes around the hangers and wait for the customer to greet me back.

"Hey,"

I spin around so fast and immediately meet the familiar bright shade of blue I haven't properly seen in what feels like weeks.

"Another suit?"

"Hope you don't mind,"

"Of course not, it's good for business,"

The two of us laugh a little as he hands me another one of Axford's fancy three piece suits. Once again, I get his tag written down in the blink of an eye before turning back to the blond who's surprisingly quiet this time around.

"Are you okay?"

He shifts his gaze away from his shoes to look up at me. There's a smile on his face, but it doesn't feel as genuine or bright as it usually does. My eyebrows scrunch together in silent question. Did I do something?

"Sorry, I'm fine, it's just-" he turns to the door briefly before moving closer to the counter. "I wanted to see if you wanna talk about something quickly?"

At a loss for words I mindlessly nod at him and motion for him to take a seat on one of the chairs by the window. What on earth could he want to talk to me in private about? I follow after him and make sure no one looks to be coming into the shop anytime soon before sitting down in the blue chair right next to him.

He turns his body to me and his knee gently brushes mine for a moment before he shifts again to cross his leg over the other. "Aiden told us that you know..." he drifts off. Confusion morphs my face once again before the lightbulb in my head flickers on.

‚We had sex.'

The phrase bounces around my brain over and over again, scattering any other thoughts to oblivion as I stare into his eyes trying to gauge what he's thinking. I slowly nod and turn my knee even further away from his.

"I just wanted to come and check how you're doing?" He tilts his head and much like what I'm attempting to  do to him, I can tell he's trying to get a read on me. His usual sweet tone and kind eyes are suddenly more on guard.

"How I'm doing?" I question back.

"You know... with that information,"

I end up going with a shrug. I'm not sure what kind of response he's expecting from me, but in all honesty, I don't know what I'm doing with that information. It was a shock for sure, but it's also, like I keep trying to repeat to myself, none of my business.