5 - Tag, you're it!

For the first time in years, I had to deal with another one of those nights. The sleepless ones. It was a frustratingly restless night and as exhausted as I am watching the sunrise between the skyscrapers, I'm happy I at least got to do some music. It kept me grounded and I had something to do.

It's ironic really. I'm usually a good sleeper; I hit the pillow and I'm out like a light. It's been that way ever since I was a child, my mom would always like to remind me of that. But every once and a while, I'd have a night or two where I just couldn't sleep. As a child, that would usually happen when I was really excited for something. But as I got older, it would only really happen if I was stressed. Like, really stressed. 

I gently slide my guitar back into its hidden spot beneath the coffee table and start getting ready for the day. The fact that I'm taking a bit longer to get ready today is simply because I'm tired. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Elias is coming back to pick the suits back up, which in turn means the possibility of Aiden paying a surprise visit to the shop as well.

With my headphones placed on my head, I make my way to college for my morning classes. On my way, I walk past the skyscraper of a building that I can't help but admire every day. It's a pretty building and despite its size it's rather pleasant to the eye and not overbearing with it's accents of brown and garden-like areas surrounding it. It's like a breath of fresh air in this city every time I walk past it.

The music blaring in my ears distracts me from my surroundings again as I make my way past the building, only for my eyes to hone back onto something moments later. Or rather someone... A fancy car stops right in front of me and out walks possibly the most intimidating-looking man I've ever seen in my life. Call me dramatic, but the energy this man holds is bordering on terrifying.

His build is strong yet lean, tall and seemingly unbreakable. My feet have a mind of their own as they stop in their tracks despite the crowd of people walking around the city. My eyes are trained on the guy as he takes his first step out of the car and stands to his full height which is definitely a full head taller than myself. A brown as dark as coffee beans shines to a light golden color as his hair is let into the natural light.

It takes me an embarrassingly few seconds to realize my mouth is wide open and right as I take another step forward to flee the scene, another head pops out of the back of the car. A very familiar looking head. The very attractive stranger turns in his spot to help him out of the car by extending his hand. His being much larger than the other.

For the second time in the span of probably ten seconds my mouth drops again. Once they're both out of the car, I pause in hopes he won't see me, but that seems to have been mistake number one. Turns out standing still in a throng of hustling people makes you stand out way more. Mistake number two would be staring holes into the back of their heads until they turn to stare right back at me.

"Nathan?"

I purse my lips, partly to keep my jaw shut, and attempt a half smile at him. "Hi, Aiden," my feet take a few shaky steps in their direction as they stay to the side to avoid being in the way of others.

"What a coincidence seeing you here!" He leans for a hug and stops short. It takes me a little too long to realize he's waiting for me to react, so I quickly reciprocate the greeting hug that feels a little too tight to be friendly. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. I'm overwhelmed.

"Not really, this is my way to college and work," I finally reply when we pull away. I have to nearly force myself to turn my head to greet the only other person staring straight at me. He's even scarier up close. "Um..." Should I offer to shake his hand? Ignore him completely? Maybe saying a simple 'Hi' like a normal person would be the best thing to do.