1 - Sorry for the Inconvenience.

If there was one thing I learned quickly in life is that change is terrifying. So, instead we keep ourselves in our pretty little never-ending cycles in hopes of change naturally befalling onto us instead of us seeking it out.

But, what about the ones who aren't afraid of it?  I'd say it's the people who seek it out and those who demand a change that scare us even more. The ones who aren't afraid to voice their opinions no matter the backlash. The ones that have arrogance streaming through their very blood are the ones who bring true change to this world.

The ones who'd gladly take the praise but have the power to push the blame are the ones we look up to and down on.

Call it corny or cheesy or whatever you'd like, but it's true.

There are two different kinds of arrogance.

There's the type of arrogance that pushes. They push their power, their opinions and their rules onto others. They want anything that'll benefit them and only them, regardless of who has to pay the price for it.

Then, there's the type that enforces true change for the benefit of others, no matter if people realize they need the change or not. They'll take all of the backlash if it means they'll get the praise they deserve in the long run.

One thing they both have in common is that they pay no mind to those they don't personally care about. Sure, one values loyalty more than the other, but at the end of the day, they both really don't care about other people's thoughts and concerns. As long as they get to see their work come into fruition, everything else is meaningless.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we subconsciously admire the arrogant. We can hide behind them in the face of something seemingly unapproachable. We lean on them when it comes to advancing as a society. We yearn to have those particularly successful ones in our inner social circle in hopes of gaining a few bonus points in life.

The arrogant ones who like to work for the benefit of others are the hardest to find though. We never know what someone who lives in the light is like behind closed doors.

That doesn't mean we can't still make our assumptions about them.

Which brings us to this week's article:

Which type of arrogant are the richest of the rich in our country?

First up: Kalen Axford-

"Nathan, we have a pretty stressed out customer coming in about ten minutes," my boss and friend, Henry, walks around the corner with his prescription glasses pinning his hair up on the top of his head.

"What?" I flip the magazine pages closed and place it back under the reception desk. I ended up getting so bored, I actually willingly picked up one of my co-workers stray magazines and read through some of it.

"No clue, they called to make sure we had time to take his shirt in or something like that,"

"They... called?" No one ever really calls here.

"Yeah, as soon as I said we could definitely clean their shirt for them, he hung up,"

My brows furrow, but I ultimately decide to stay silent on the matter. Ten minutes go by in a flurry of steaming, whirring machinery and more magazine pages flipping. I'm in the back ironing a regular customer's suit when I hear the familiar chime of the old-school bell by the register go off.

"Hello?" The voice sounds kind, but a tad bit impatient. I decide against ticking anyone off and hurry around the corner and semi-jog toward the register.