17 - Come Over. (Part 1)

"Phoebe!" My palm slaps her shaking shoulder as she loses it in yet another fit of laughter. Her hundredth fit in the past hour at least. My eyes roll of their own accord while she attempts to reel in her chuckles as much as possible before responding.

"What?!" She rubs at her shoulder. "That man seems so interested in you!"

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard,"

"I haven't even met the guy, but he doesn't seem like the type to enjoy idle conversation with just anyone,"

"Yeah well, my assumptions about him have always been wrong about him, so I wouldn't count on yours being right either," I take a bite of my now cold sandwich and she does the same with one of her cheeky smiles adorning her face.

"You don't seem against the idea of him liking you,"

Food nearly gets caught in my throat, but I manage to swallow before coughing dryly at the suggestion. "I'm not against it, 'cause in no world or parallel universe would it ever be true, Phoebs!"

"What makes you say that?"

"Please, you know who the guy is even without having ever seen him person,"

"Well, duh, he's a famous millionaire, if not billionaire, he's on a page of a magazine I look at on a weekly bases,"

My brows scrunch together, "weekly?"

She simply shrug and takes another bite of her sandwich, "I get bored sometimes,"

With another roll of my eyes I continue: "He's a man who wants nothing to do with the likes of me,"

"Has he ever said something like that to you?"

I go to open my mouth and respond, but end up with nothing but a puff of air coming out. My mind plays through the memories of last week and his words end up playing around in my head, bringing a surprisingly smile to my face. "I'm thankful for you."

A hand waves in front of my face with a knowing look meeting me once I snap back to reality. "He's taken, Phoebe," I finally say.

She scoffs, "yeah, by two people,"

"What is that supposed to mean,"

She looks up at me from the grass she's been picking at, "It means that if they wanted to get to know someone else, they would,"

"Just because it's the three of them, doesn't mean they're gonna go around dating everybody,"

"Exactly," she points at me, her sandwich long forgotten at this point. "That relationship should be built of so much trust and incredible communication, so if one of them is already showing interest, better believe the other two already know about it,"

I gasp at her, "okay, this convo is over, 'cause it's nonsense, none of them see me like that, Phoebe, we're friends,"

"Yeah? Does Aiden see it that way too?"

I groan and drop my head. "Aiden and I are figuring things out, 'kay?"

"You haven't spoken to him for a week, or rather, you've been ignoring him,"

How does she even know about that?

She smirks and starts packing her things, "I know a lot of things, dear friend of mine,"

I chuckle and she follows with a small puff of laughter of her own before waving at me and jogging across the field to go to her next class.

"Best believe the other two already know about it."