VIII. 162 Candles

SALVATORE'S RESIDENCE
Narrator

Stefan is sleeping when a book falls so he wakes up and sits up, feeling that there is something or someone there with him and goes to investigate.

The window opens and he goes to close it while he hears noises in the house.

- Damon? - he asks when he hears a noise from above and someone pushes him with such force that he falls to the ground and then turns him around.

A blonde girl appears before him with veins under her eyes, blood-colored eyes, and showing her fangs.

- Lexi? - Stefan says recognizing her.

The girl lets the veins disappear and puts away her fangs.

- Hello. - she says with a smile.

- What are you doing here? - Stefan asks confused and the girl picks him up instantly.

- How can you ask me that? - says the girl before giving her friend a hug.

- I've missed you. - says Salvatore with a smile, hugging her.

The girl moves away from him a little to look at his face.

- Happy Birthday. - says the blonde with a smile.

***

Stefan is tickling Lexi.

- Hahaha, no, no, stop it. - says the girl trying to stop him - I don't know, okay? If they throw wooden bullets at me, I'll run away. - the girl admits instantly - And what was a journalist doing hunting vampires?

- I don't know, I don't know, who knows, if he knew, there may be others, hey, do me a favor, while you're here, be careful. - he warns her to which she growls.

- Why are you staying? - asks the tired young woman - I'm going to New York this weekend, Bon Jovi, at the Garden. - she says, standing up happily, to which Stefan raises an arm in support - "Wanted Dead or Alive." - she sings, pointing to him - It's our song, - she points out - it's going to be the bomb. - she assures him.

- Hey, do you think he'll remember us? It was a brutal weekend. - he states with a small smile.

- We'll make him remember us, - she suggests, pointing to him - come on! Cheer up. What's keeping you here? - she says with a pout.

- I told you, her name is Evie. - answers the boy.

- I hope it's better than the last girl you got all sprung over. - she says with a black and white photo of a woman.

- You didn't know Katherine. - says the blonde taking the photo from her hands to which she lets out a small laugh.

- You know I would have crushed her, that bitch. - she points out - By the way, where is Damon? - she asks curious.

- Inflicting misery somewhere. - Stefan answers walking back to sit on the bed - You don't mind staying here? Alone? I have some things to do. - he asks with a small smile.

- It's not like I can go anywhere either, - she reminds - you and Damon are the only ones who have these pretty rings. - she says holding his hand - I have an original mood ring, - she says showing her hand - I'll trade it for you. - she proposes in a funny way and he takes her hand to get her out of his sight.

- It can't be, and you know it. - he points out.

- Oh, anyway. - she says looking away with a smile.

- Lex, - he calls, catching her attention - I'm glad you came. - he thanks.

- Okay, what are we going to do for your birthday? - she says, wanting to know and he growls - One hundred and sixty-two years don't come around every day. - she points out with a smile.