V. You're undead to me

SALVATORE'S RESIDENCE
Narrator

Stefan goes down to the basement where he has locked up his brother and sees him from a small window.

- Where is my ring? - is the first question Damon asks as he wakes up checking his hands.

- You won't need it anymore. - Stefan says from the small window in the door.

- How long have I been here? - he asks, tilting his head a little from the ground.

- Three days. - Stefan answers seriously.

- What are you doing? - Damon asks in a weak and confused voice.

- During the Dark Ages, when the actions of a vampire threatened to endanger our entire race, he was put on trial, - explains Stefan - it was about re-educating and protecting him. - he states.

- You know what will happen if I don't drink blood.

- You will become weaker, there will come a time when you will not be able to move or speak, in a week your skin will dry out, and you will become mummified, a living corpse. - Stefan explains in detail - You will never hurt anyone again - he states.

- And? Are you going to leave me in the basement forever? - Damon responds with a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

- I have injected you with enough vervain to immobilize you and when your circulation stops I will take you to our crypt and in fifty years we will reevaluate you. - Stefan states.

- I'm stronger than you think.

- You have always been but you are not stronger than the vervain and we both know it. - says the blonde, throwing his response overboard - I'm very sorry, you wanted it that way. - Stefan says, taking one last look at Damon before leaving.

***

EVIE'S HOUSE
Evie

I get out of the shower and go to change while I dry my hair with the towel.

Today I woke up even earlier to go for a longer run.

It's the only thing that keeps me from thinking about Stefan, and that's just what I need, not think about him.

Once changed I hear a noise in the kitchen so I go downstairs and see Bonnie.

- Bonnie, - I look at my friend surprised at not waiting for her as I enter the kitchen - I wasn't expecting you, has something happened?

- No, but I missed my best friend. - she responds with a smile so I smile too and approach.

- We have seen each other the last three days.

- But you weren't with me mentally, you always thought about Stefan. - she says and she is right.

- I'm sorry, really, I'll make it up to you.

- Well, you can come with me to Caroline's house before school. - she comments while looking at me smiling so I nod.

- Okay, when I finish eating.