Never

This chapter is dedicated to panda4live

🎶Bimbaakash- Najeek🎶

I looked in the mirror one last time before leaving for the club. I had straightened my wavy hair. I touched my neck looking at where the pendant Alan had brought me used to be. I had thrown it away along with the other gifts and letters. It was somewhere in the closet and I couldn't throw it out of the house.

I sighed and walked towards the door. My phone buzzed. It was Mausam telling me she was outside. Mausam wanted me to go out with her. I decided it was better than sitting at my place with all those negative thoughts.

She waved as soon as she saw me.

"Hi," I said getting in the taxi.

"Green looks good on you," she grinned. "And backless," she waved her hand towards her face gesturing hot.

"Same to you," I said looking at her black mini dress.

Once we reached the club she got hold of my hand as we walked in. The DJ was playing some Hollywood music and I could see people moving their hips. Some on the floor some on the corner of the bar.

"This looks amazing," she said twirling her hair.

"Nimek isn't joining us right?" I asked her again for the umpteenth time.

"Of course not," she said not looking at me.

"Mausam," I said which made her look at me.

"He won't,"

I heaved a sigh of relief.

She pulled me with her and ordered us a drink. She was looking around while I was thinking of asking her something that had suddenly come to my mind.

"Did Nimek know I was dating Alan?"

Mausam quickly looked at me.

"Did he?"

She shook her head.

"I believe he didn't,"

"You believe? Mausam, Nimek is his best friend,"

"Look Dakshu, everyone was aware of his softness towards you. They found it strange as we all did but no they didn't think about it as he was...." she stopped.

"Married," I completed it for her.

"Dakshu," she said placing her hand on mine. "I wanted to bring you here so you could forget it all even just for a moment. Let's enjoy the time,"

I nodded and started to drink. She ordered a few more.

"Let's dance," she said pulling me to the dance floor.

I closed my eyes swirling my body around and getting lost in the music but then suddenly he started to dance in front of my eyes. I opened my eyes suddenly.

"I need more drinks," I said to no one in particular.

The cycle of me getting drinks and then dancing went on. Every time she wasn't before my eyes I would get a drink. This time when I was planning to get another drink Mausam stopped me.

"You had enough,"

"I want more. I am not drunk yet,"

"Dakshu," she warned not letting me go.

"Fine," I said and went back to dancing when I saw a man smile at me.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he whispered in my ear. He was trying to get closer.