It's a...

🎶 You Are in Love - Taylor Swift 🎶

Time was moving quickly. Being around Alan made me feel safe and cared. After our interaction in my flat, he didn't bring up that topic. We only talked about work and stuff.

Friday was near and finally, the time came to let him know about my answer. I was a little nervous too. If I said yes to him I might have to resign from the office. Not seeing Alan every day made my heart hurt.

I was thinking of texting Mausam when Alan walked out of his office. He had his hands inside his jeans pocket, a smile on his lips, and a cap on his head. Alan wasn't the type of boss who would wear formal clothes. He wore a suit only in meetings.

I wouldn't lie but since day one, he had something that attracted me. Maybe it was his smile or his humbleness. I always found him to be soft with me.

"I am leaving," he let me know.

"Happy weekend," I said turning my attention to the phone.

"Aren't you leaving?" he asked.

"In a few minutes," I replied without looking at him.

"Dakshu," he whispered making me look at him. I stared at him but he didn't utter a word.

"Yes?"

"I want to apologize,"

"For?"

"For kissing you without asking permission or knowing if you like me too. I am sorry,"

Here he went again apologizing. I thought I was the overthinker but seemed like he would beat me to it.

"I...."

"I hope you will forgive me," he said without letting me speak.

I was speechless. What would I say?

"Tomorrow..." he said bringing me back.

"I know,"

I was hoping him to leave but he didn't.

"Do you want me to drop you?"

I shook my head.

"Have plans?"

I nodded.

"I would like words,"

"I have plans,"

"With?"

"My boyfriend," I said to see his reaction and trust me I felt like a baby playing games while saying that. The colour of his face faded away. I pressed my lips together controlling my laugh.

"You..."

"See you, Boss,"

"You have a boyfriend?" he questioned.

I nodded.

"But..."

I saw hurt in his eyes. I wanted to play a little longer but seeing his face made me stop.

I got up and went near him and slowly whispered.

"From today,"

He seemed confused and then it hit him.

"It's a yes, Mr. Alan,"

He stood there in shock.

"I told you before the deadline so I guess you owe me a dinner?"

It took him some time to get it in his head what I said.

"You.... You said yes?"

I nodded. "Yes,"