Offer

Quickly the sixth month went by and it was all good except that Nimek would find a way to point out a mistake in everything I did. He would try so hard but he had no luck with that.

My work routine went smoothly. With bosses it was different but I was enjoying my work. Mausam and I even got closer. We not only started to have lunch together sometimes we would go out to have dinner as well.

Roji and Gaurav started to get close. Not in that way just as a gossiper. They would gossip about everyone and everything. Roji would start a topic and Gaurav would nod his head agreeing with everything she said. Sometimes I had to put my hands on my ears because of her loud voice.

It was Tuesday and Nimek called for a meeting. Once the meeting started he pointed out flaws and how we weren't doing our job well. Rishant was there too and he didn't leave a chance to praise Roji.

"Roji, you are doing well," he said and she gave that big bad smile. God, I started to dislike her so much.

"I guess experience does help," Nimek said while giving me an eye.

I looked at them quietly and wondered what it would feel like to get compliments and encouragement. I wanted to feel it you know the feeling of getting praised.

After that, the whole day she would bring up the topic of how she wasn't expecting Rishant to praise her.

"Wow, wasn't expecting that," she said once we sat at our desks.

"You deserve it," Gaurav replied.

"That I know," she winked at him.

Mausam and I looked at each other and quickly towards our laptops. I somehow controlled my laugh but Mausam started to laugh leaning towards her laptop but making sure they didn't hear her.

It was almost our lunch break when I got a call. When we would go for a break the call that came to my desk would be automatically transferred to another person after two rings. It should have come after I left the room but it didn't.

"Hey," I picked up the call and realised the person on the other side was angry. She wasn't happy with the service of the company. She kept repeating that the phone set she had brought was bad and it didn't work properly.

"We are sorry for that. Please once visit the company and get a new one,"

"I want to talk to the manager," she said without replying to my offer.

"I can't forward it to the manager, ma'am. Please, once visit the company,"

"I want to talk to the manager," she started to yell.

My eyes widened afraid that history gonna repeat itself. Roji and Mausam noticed it. Roji got up and walked towards my desk. She snatched the phone out of my hand and took the call.

"Please stop yelling and visit the company. We are trying to help you. Yelling won't help," she said and hung up the phone.

I was surprised at what she did.

"Why did you..."

"She was rude," she didn't let me finish.

"Now, the manager will fire me," I said.

"Don't worry, Dakshina. He won't. That bitch was rude,"

After five minutes Nimek was inside the room glaring at me.

"This time I am not going to call you back," he almost yelled. 

Everyone's eyes were on me. Such an embarrassing moment.

"Why didn't you forward the call to me?" He asked.

"I didn't want to disturb you," I muttered.

"You don't go on hanging up the call on a customer. You are done here. Leave and don't show me that rude face again,"