Mr Smiley

🎶 Sweet - Cigarettes after sex 🎶

It was the first day of my official work day. I tried to do my best to dress better but I couldn't. Now, I was in front of the company dressed up in jeans. But I loved the cardigan I was wearing. It was simple with a cap on it.

This time took the elevator and went to the fourth floor where I would be working as I was told in the mail I got earlier. I went inside a room where there were many desks with laptops and phones. There were small group pods. Four tables in one pod. I looked around and realised there were 10 pods meaning 40 desks.

My desk was towards the window but my back would face it. I set my things on the table and opened the laptop. In a few minutes, Mausam joined me. She sat on the right side of my desk. On my front was a guy named Gaurav.

"She is late on her first day," Mausam whispered when Roji didn't walk in. "Nimek gonna get angry,"

"She might be on her way," I whispered back.

At exactly 10:30 the manager entered the hall.

"I would like to welcome everyone to the Manaslu Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Ltd. In short Manaslu." He looked around us.

"You already know what you are here for. Work hard and get paid hard," he said. "Good luck and no one should mistakenly make a mistake. Our motto is happy customers happy us. So, make sure about it." He said and left.

Once he was gone we were busy with our work. Roji entered the office at 12 p.m. She was two hours late but it didn't seem like she cared at all. Behind her was Rishant following her. She turned behind to look at him and waved him bye.

"She knows him?" Mausam looked at me.

"Seems like she does,"

"You don't know?" Gaurav asked.

"What?" I questioned.

"Rishant brought her here. They know eachother. Something like a family friend. I heard so," he said quickly looking behind him.

Roji walked towards us and sat directly in front of Mausam.

"Hii," she said looking at us.

Mausam and Gaurav replied while all I did was smile.

"I had to drop the kids' lunch at school. I am late," she said.

Nimek came after some time but didn't say a word. He knew she was late but I guess it didn't matter to him. I wondered what would he do if it was one of the employees Rishant didn't know.

One guy walked in at exactly 12:30, half an hour after Roji.

"Stop right there," we heard Nimek shout.

The guy was startled at his word.

"This is not your house where you can walk whenever you like. If you can't be here on time then don't work at all." He said.

The guy who was thin and tall stood quietly. He was dressed up in a casual outfit. But boy, he seemed so embarrassed with how he was stopped at the door.

"I had some work at the hospital. That's why...."

"You should inform me. You could have sent a mail," Nimek interjected.

The guy apologised but the arrogant manager didn't let him in.

"Why are you here?" I heard a familiar voice. I was at the end of the room but recognised the voice real quickly.

Alan came into view.

"Alan is here," we heard Roji. She seemed excited and happy to see Alan.

Nimek said something to him and Alan shook his head. He sent a smile toward the guy.