41- Final verdict

Aisha's POV

I woke up with a faint headache, my surroundings still swimming in a haze of sleep. Slowly, the blur lifted, revealing the comforting sight of Daddy sitting by my bedside, immersed in the pages of the Quran. A soft smile tugged at my lips as I reached out for his hand.

He glanced up, his expression tender, and returned my grasp. Patiently, I waited as he completed the page he was reading, his movements deliberate and unhurried. He finally closed the book and turned to me.

"How are you feeling, My A'isha?" he inquired, his voice filled with genuine concern. My heart swelled at the endearment, the simple phrase warmed me up inside. It was a rare moment of tenderness from Daddy, one that I cherished deeply as he had been cold in past months.

"Much better than yesterday, thank you, Daddy," I replied, my voice carrying a hint of relief.

"Alhamdulillah. Would you like to eat something?" he offered kindly.

"No thank you," I declined, my appetite still elusive amidst the lingering anxiety of the past two days. My stomach churned with unease, the events with Nadia and the uncertainty surrounding my marriage weighing heavily on my mind.

"Do you want to talk?" he asked, his smile knowing. I nodded in response, a shared chuckle escaping us both.

"He informed us that he wasn't going to marry Nadia and he wanted to surprise you. She knew, and naturally she wasn't pleased, which was why she had attacked you. Of course, that's no excuse to nearly kill someone," Daddy narrated, his tone tinged with a mix of concern and disappointment.

"No excuse," I whispered, the memory of that harrowing evening still vivid in my mind.

"This whole situation has been messy and unclear from the beginning. We make a conscious effort to avoid things like this in our home, but we plan and Allah plans, right?" he reflected, his words carrying the weight of wisdom and acceptance.

"Yes, Daddy. And I never meant to disappoint you or bring problems to our home," I confessed, my heart heavy with guilt.

"Of course, A'isha. And I'm not disappointed in you. I'm proud of how you've handled situations. You accepted the Qadr of Allah even though you weren't very pleased, and you kept praying for the best. You maintained a smile on your face and showed respect to me, your mother, and even his mother, who wasn't welcoming to you. You have a good heart, like your mother," he praised, his words touching me deeply.

"Thank you, Daddy," I murmured, my eyes brimming with tears.

"And you like this man, it shows," he observed gently, his gaze warm and understanding. I shifted uncomfortably, feeling exposed under his scrutiny.

"I have prayed istikhara, and I think it's best to go on with the wedding. Your mother agrees. In shaa Allah, there will be Barakah in your union, but only if you want to go on with it. If you don't, we will cancel everything," he offered, his voice filled with sincerity.

"And marry me off to one of your friends?" I questioned softly.

"And marry you off when you're ready, to a suitable young man," he reassured, his words bringing a surge of emotion to my chest.

Tears welled in my eyes, and I pushed myself up on the bed, opening my arms for a hug. I smiled through my tears, feeling a sense of peace wash over me.

"You didn't give me your answer," he pointed out gently.

"Oh, let's go on with it," I chuckled, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders.

At that moment, Mamma walked in with Hauwa and her sisters, their smiles infectious as they carried baskets of food. "Asalamu alaykum ah ah wannan da kuke murmushi haka meya faru? We want to know the good news too," Mamma exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.