Chapter Eleven: Unexpected Realisations

"Sebastian, would you please hurry up for once in your life? I don't want to be late," Ominis complained.

"Alright, alright! Someone's grouchy this morning," Sebastian muttered.

"I heard that! And I'm not grouchy. I thought we were supposed to be supporting our friend," Ominis said pointedly.

"Fine, you're right. I'm coming now." Sebastian stood up from the table and threw on his robe, clapping Ominis on the back to signal he was ready.

"Thank you. Now let's get going, I want to get somewhere decent to sit before it fills up," Ominis said impatiently.

"Why? Not like it's gonna make a difference," Sebastian laughed. Ominis jabbed him hard with his wand.

"Umm, ouch! Do you mind?" Sebastian groaned.

"You're getting on my nerves. Come on!" Ominis complained. He picked up his pace in the direction of the quidditch pitch. It was the day of the first game of the late-starting season, Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor. They'd promised Felix they would be there to support him and he intended on keeping his promise. Felix had even given Ominis one of his Hufflepuff scarfs as a joke, but Ominis had it in his pocket in case he decided to wear it.

"Fine!" Sebastian hurried up to meet his friend's pace and together they hurriedly made their way down to the pitch. They followed the stream of students into the stands and found themselves decent seats with a good view of the pitch.

"There," Sebastian said once they were seated

"There," Sebastian said once they were seated. "Happy now?"

"Yes," Ominis said simply. He reached into the pocket of his robes and pulled out the yellow and black striped scarf and wrapped it around his neck.

"What is- you've got to be joking!" Sebastian burst out laughing next to him.

"What?" Ominis asked innocently.

"You're wearing another House's scarf!" Sebastian whisper yelled at him.

"So what? Felix wanted our support, I'm showing him I support him," Ominis shrugged casually.

"Merlin, the looks you're getting," Sebastian laughed.

"I can't see them," Ominis shrugged again, a cheeky grin painting his face.

Sebastian snorted next to him. "It's your funeral."

Ominis ignored him. Instead, he asked, "How did he look at lunch? Did he seem nervous?"

"A bit, yeah. But he's excellent, he'll be absolutely fine," Sebastian reassured. "I was right about the turnout, though. It's absolutely heaving in here! I've never seen so many people turn up for a match, especially not this many girls!" he laughed.

That made Ominis grumble a bit, but he wasn't completely sure why. He gripped a tassel on the end of the scarf and played with it absentmindedly.

Sebastian noticed and grinned as a wicked idea entered his mind. "He looked good in his uniform though, let me tell you. Really good," he emphasised.