Chapter Nine: The Cursed

It was nearing the end of October, and the first quidditch match of the season, Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor, was quickly approaching

It was nearing the end of October, and the first quidditch match of the season, Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor, was quickly approaching. Felix had been finding immense joy in practising with the team, it was an amazing stress reliever and the feeling of soaring through the air was incredible.

Felix had just finished practice and he bounded into the Great Hall in desperate need of food. He spotted his two best Slytherin friends at their House table and walked over to join them.

"Evening," he said merrily as he sat down across from them. He helped himself to a large plate of pie and mash, feeling ravenous after exercising for hours.

"Hey, how was practice?" Sebastian said, glancing up from his tome to grin at him. Felix frowned slightly, it was the same one he'd taken from the Restricted section all those weeks ago, and he was constantly pouring through it, hardly ever without it.

"It was great, feeling pretty good about the match next weekend," he replied.

"It'll be an interesting one, that's for sure. Their team is strong," Sebastian warned.

"Ours is stronger," Felix said casually with a shrug. He flashed Sebastian a wide grin, and he rolled his eyes back.

"We'll see about that. At least you'll have a lot of support," Sebastian smirked.

"What does that mean?"

"Umm, hello? Have you looked around recently?" Sebastian laughed. Felix frowned, and looked around. He did notice a few groups of girls suddenly look away or start giggling when he glanced at them.

"Have you genuinely not noticed how people fawn over you? Especially when you waltz in here like that in your quidditch uniform!"

"I was starving! I was gonna shower after!" Felix defended.

"Still, you're already good looking, throw some tight pants and shoulder pads into the equation and everyone's practically drooling over you," Sebastian laughed.

Felix frowned. "They're not that tight, are they?" he asked anxiously.

"Just ignore him," Ominis said, shaking his head.

Felix smiled unsurely at him, now acutely aware of the attention on him. "All I'm saying is this game is gonna be the best attended Hufflepuff match ever, and not because of the rest of the team," Sebastian joked.

"Alright, give it a rest will you?" Ominis snapped. Felix smiled gratefully at him and went back to his dinner, trying to pretend he didn't notice the looks he was getting from people around him. Maybe don't come to dinner in your uniform again.

"What's with that book, anyway, Seb? You've been carting it around for weeks. You surely must have finished it by now," Felix asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Glad you asked, my friend, because I could actually use your help with something," Sebastian said cheerfully, shutting the book closed.

"No, Sebastian," Ominis said firmly from next to him.