Chapter 23

"So," Mortilda says to Octavia, "I've been meaning to ask you. How is it even possible that you were recently able to aquire fairy powers?"

"Well," Octavia responds, "you know about this pendant I'm wearing, right?"

"The septagram pendant?" Mortilda asks.

"Yes," Octavia says. "Well, it turns out that it is enchanted with fae magic. Not just any fae magic, but the magic of the Seelie Court. It's been passed down through my family for generations, but only recently has it been activated. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I suspect it had something to do with the recent upsurge in fae activity throughout Europe, and especially in the Celtic nations."

"And what about Tír na nÓg?" Mortilda asks, referring to the legendary faerie realm. "Is it still out there?"

"Yes," Octavia replies, her eyes shining with excitement. "Tír na nÓg is very much real, and it still exists. It's a place of eternal youth, beauty, and happiness, where the fae folk live in harmony with nature. However, it's not just a place of paradise. It's also a place of great power, and there are two factions of faeries that have long fought for control over the realm: the Seelie Court and the Unseelie Court. The Seelie Court strives for balance and harmony, while the Unseelie Court seeks to conquer and rule. The pendant you're referring to is enchanted with the power of the Seelie Court, and it allows its wearer to access some of that power. But," she cautions, "one must be careful not to abuse such power, as the consequences can be dire."

With this newfound knowledge, Octavia finds herself thrust into a world of intrigue and danger. The Seelie Court, once thought to be the benevolent protectors of humanity, is not without its own secrets and agendas. She must navigate the treacherous politics of the faerie realm, uncover the truth behind the conflict between the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, and discover her own role in the grand scheme of things.

 She must navigate the treacherous politics of the faerie realm, uncover the truth behind the conflict between the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, and discover her own role in the grand scheme of things

Her first order of business is to meet with the Queen of the Seelie Court, who resides in a hidden glade deep within the Otherworld. The journey is long and arduous, and Octavia must use her wits and the pendant's powers sparingly, for the Unseelie Court has eyes and ears everywhere. As she approaches the glade, she can feel the weight of the pendant around her neck, the power within it both exhilarating and terrifying.

The Queen of the Seelie Court, a regal and ethereal creature with wings of midnight blue and hair like spun silver, greets her warmly. Octavia bows low before her, the pendant glowing softly at her breast. The Queen listens intently as Octavia explains her recent discoveries and asks for guidance. "The Unseelie Court has been growing more aggressive of late," the Queen says, her voice like the rustle of leaves in the breeze, "and it is our belief that they are seeking to overthrow us and take control of Tír na nÓg. It is imperative that we discover their plans and put a stop to them before it is too late."

Octavia nods solemnly, her heart racing. "What can I do to help, Your Majesty?" she asks. "And how do I ensure that I do not abuse the power of the Seelie Court?"