Chapter 9|lift

MILENA
"Good job, Alina."Nikolai grinned at Alina after she won at some games they were playing together. It's actually crazy how fast my siblings got along with Nikolai.
"I'm ready."I finally spoke up after admiring how perfect Nikolai looked. Maybe I still have a crush on him. I mean look at him! He is so handsome, attractive, athletic, smart and mostly he gets along with children easily. Only problem is he is five years older than me. If only he was a little bit younger.
"I don't think I want you to go out looking like this."Nikolai said standing up from the couch. Confused I looked down at my short pink dress that had long sleeves and turtle neck. I thought it looked good on me.
"Everyone will be looking at you at this state. And we don't want that."Nikolai hummed nodding his head.
"Exactly. You should change into hoodie or something."Kirill added acting all serious.
"I think the same. I just didn't want to upset you."Marat came into the living room shaking his head.
"Really?"I asked rolling my eyes annoyed at all of them.
"We are kidding, little princess. Don't worry as long as you are with us you can wear anything you want."Nikolai chuckled.
"I didn't plan to change anyways."I crossed my arms.
"I know. So we need to leave...Marat, are you sure you don't want to join us?"Nikolai asked from Marat.
"Nope. Boring dinners are not my thing."he shook his head plopping on the couch next to Adrian and Alina who were again playing their iPad.
"Okay. Look after Alina and Adrian. And make sure they go to sleep early."I warned him grabbing my jacket and my purse. Marat nodded waving at us and three of us left the house.
"Alina doesn't look like you."Nikolai said with a smile on his face as we made our way to the lift.
"Everyone says that."I shrugged. As soon as we stepped into the lift another person joined us. Guess who it is?
Gorilla looking asshole.
Just great.
I tried to ignore his presence as Kirill pressed button to the parking lot.
"You smell so good."Kirill muttered leaning over me as he was standing behind me, and I was stuck between Nikolai and gorilla looking asshole. Geez, I don't even know his name.
Meh, do I care?
"I know."I rolled my eyes.
"You smell like sweet cherries."he muttered again, taking strands of my hair to his hand and smelling it. I slapped his hand away, because this counts as crossing the line.
"Stop being clingy. I swear no one thinks that you are 19."I replied annoyed.
"You are always mean to me."he pouted again.
Ugh.
"Kirill you are being annoying. Stop that."Nikolai warned him.
He is so nice. He takes my side.
No, stop that. He is like a brother to me. Yup, a brother.
Finally the lift stopped and everyone left it. Strange enough I didn't even felt gorilla looking asshole's presence. That's for the best tho.
"Come on, little princess."Nikolai placed his palm on my lower back leading me to his car.
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!
"She is gonna sit with me!"Kirill grabbed my hand and started dragging me.
"Kirill!"I whined. At this point I was so freaking fed up by his childish actions.
"I'm not hearing you."he grinned opening the door of the backseat. Rolling my eyes I got on my seat and Kirill sat next to me.
After getting on the drivers seat, Nikolai started the car and drove off, while Kirill was busy with annoying me.
Can someone shut him up?
"Oh! You need to go with us to horse riding! There is a famous horse riding spot. And I swear, you are gonna love those horses."Kirill exclaimed like a kid.
Horses?
"Sounds good. When?"I asked him.
"Tomorrow. I have free time so we planned it together."Nikolai added sparing me a glance from the review mirror.
"Okay. Um when I should be ready?"
"Be ready by ten am. We all will leave together."Nikolai said as I nodded in response.
"I swear you are gonna love that white horse they have. Tho that horse is quite stubborn. Like you."Kirill grinned leaning over me. I rolled my eyes annoyed.
"I'm gonna tame it in five seconds."
"Wanna bet?"he hold his hand a mischievous smirk pulling to his face.
"On what?"I challenged him.
"Loser is gonna do anything the winner says."
"Deal."I shook his hand.
"You two still act like kids."Nikolai shook his head disappointed but failed at hiding his grin.
"Says the one who wears pyjamas for sleep."Kirill burst into laughter.
"Hey! Never say something bad about pyjamas!"I scolded him narrowing my eyes.
"Exactly."Nikolai added in serious tone, as three of us started laughing non stop.
We were still children. For us at least it felt like time stopped and we were children that used to sneak to the greenhouse to learn coding and hacking from the illegal websites.
I miss those times. Sometimes too much.